Time has Passed

Shelby's P.O.V

The city was out of control. Fights were breaking out, people were suffering... and I smiled. Ross came up to the window next to me. "It's lovely, isn't it? Even after two years, it hasn't gotten old," I said. Ross didn't reply. He had a faraway look in his eyes as he stared at the street brawl below. I turned and walked out of the room.

I whistled, and a maid came running up. She was a small child, a human child. Her black hair was all over the place, her blue eyes miserable. "Yes, my Grace?" she bowed.

"Go get me something to eat. I'll be in my quiet space."

"Of course."

The little girl scurried away. I moved across the long hallway to the staircase downstairs. Another hallway stretched, smaller this time. I walked down a couple rooms, opening a wooden door to a room with a beanbag and a stack of books in one corner, a desk in another, a mat and a small table with a radio. I collapsed into the beanbag and closed my eyes. When I first was summoned to Scalezar (yes, I was summoned, we'll talk about that later), all innocent and naive, I never would've thought that I'd have a kingdom. A kingdom that complimented the insanity I kept hidden for years. I finally felt I could be myself in Scalezar, no-one to judge my ill intentions, everyone to listen to my orders, my opinions.

The door opened and the maid waddled in, a tray of flesh in her hands. She stood at the door waiting for an order. "On the desk," I told her. She plonked the tray down on the desk and left the room.  I stood and plonked down at my desk, staring at the wall as I ate. Although I had everything I ever wanted, I couldn't help but feel like something was... wrong.