A Foam Heart

Alexander's P.O.V

I walked the cold streets of New York, the Autumn breeze blowing the orange-ish yellow leaves across the road as cars of many colors and brands drove by, seeming much faster than they're actually moving.

This was like love, at least to me. It always went by faster than it seemed, and you only ever realize it when there's a hole in your heart where that one person used to be.

I stepped into the nearest Starbucks, hoping to get something to drink, just warm enough to get the excessive chill away from me.

I slowly walked over to the counter, shockingly, the place was empty. Which wasn't expected at all.

"Excuse me," I stated, blandly. I don't need to form a relationship with them. "Can you take my order?"

"Of course." The man smiled, walking up to me. It was sure a sight, that's a fact. His curly, raven hair perfectly accenting the shape of his face as his brown eyes reflected the light that was brightening up the whole room.

"What can I get you?" He asked, an almost fake grin plastered across his fairly dark skin.

Nonetheless, I will admit it; he was hot.

Not hot as in, a guy who'll make you feel like shit because of how you dress or how you look just by looking at you, but rather, the type of hot that'll boost you up instead.

"I-I um, uh, can I get a coffee?" I stammered, slurring my words as if I was drunk.

Maybe I was, but not on alcohol.

"Going to have to be more specific than that, darlin'~" He hummed, making my face even redder than a fucking tomato.

I was drunk on him.

"Just, uh, a dark one?" I said, facing down to avoid staring.

"Black?" He asked, a hint of frustration lacing his words, scaring me half to death.

I'd just ruined my chances with him.

"Y-Yeah."

Or did I?

"Of course. Name?"

"Alexander Hamilton."

"How 'bout your number?"

"I barely know you, no." I spat. Any normal person would be dancing right now, their emotions pouring out of them like a river. But not me.

"Aww, well, I tried." He sighed, going to go grab me my coffee.

I'm planning to come back here real soon.

He came back with my coffee, and I decided to drink a bit of it right then and there when I realized he'd made a heart out of the snow-white foam laying directly on the coffee that had absolutely nothing in it. I hadn't asked for foam, but this wasn't a problem. I only drank a bit of it, me being not a massive black-coffee fan, because I wanted a chance to smile at him a little more as I did so.

He smiled back and I insisted on leaving. But he wouldn't let me. Finally, when he did, he said; "I'll only let you leave when you give me your number, beautiful~"

So I agreed. And gave a random, hot stranger my number.

Oh boy, we're gonna get along just fine.