liquid caffeine

my eyes widen as i watch the boy in the desk beside me pour an entire can of red-bull into his black coffee, then chug it all in one breath. he tilts his head back as he swallows the dark liquid, drinking it down like it's his life force. and judging by his appearance? maybe it is.

his under eye bags are almost impressive, giving him the look of a sleep-deprived panda. he has the signature 'pulled three all-nighters in a row look', not unlike most of the other students in this room. glassy eyes, shaky hands and tousled hair. myself included, class nct looks like we're on the verge of either passing out, having a mental breakdown, or both.

as he sets his mug down onto his desk, i lean over and slip him a piece of paper.

'yo, you good man? that looked intense. i think you might die from caffeine overdose.
-yuta'

the corner of his mouth lifts up, and he pulls a pen out of his binder to write back.

'gotta prepare myself for the wrath of mr. jeon. did you see the exam last year? literally taken from the seventh layer of hell.
-sicheng'

stifling a laugh, i scribble my reply onto the paper and rummage in my bag. finally finding what i was looking for, i attach it and hand the slip back to him.

'well, i'm praying for us all. oh, and when the raging migraine from all that caffeine kicks in, here's an Advil to numb the pain.
-yuta'

i watch a smile spread across sicheng's face, a dazzling grin i could look at for hours. he runs a hand through his caramel coloured locks before pulling on the hood of his mustard yellow hoodie. tying the strings to hide his hair and a good portion of his face, he slips the pill into his pocket. shame, his hair is indescribably gorgeous, and has visuals that could knock most people out. i watch as he writes something down hastily, and hands the note back to me just as professor jeon starts handing out exams.

'my ig is winwin_tea, let's meet up. maybe you can teach me some tricks to survive the hell that is university.
-sicheng'

a grin spreads across my face, and i know i look crazy. smiling like that right before an exam makes you look psychotic, but i can't bring myself to care. all i can think about is sicheng, and how he just basically asked me out. nothing can fuck with me right now. well, we'll see when i get my exam marks. but the cute guy, who probably just gave himself caffeine poisoning, asked me out, and i couldn't be any happier.

a/n
this is the most rushed fic i've ever written, but i needed a break from my own exams and happened to have this idea after watching my friend chug a can of rockstar right before our science final. i hope it's at least coherent, and please don't hesitate to leave corrections in the comments. thanks for reading!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝔯𝔢𝔡-𝔟𝔲𝔩𝔩, 𝔟𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔠𝔬𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔩𝔰 (𝔶𝔲𝔴𝔦𝔫) ✓ 🎉