A love as big as fire

December 20, 2015

I stand outside waiting for her. She was supposed to meet me outside 30 minutes ago. Where could she be? She couldn't have canceled on me, could she? Zella is my girlfriend. She and I were supposed to go see the Nutcracker since there are only 5 days until Christmas. I guess that I will have to go by myself. "Wait Chris." I hear Zella say to me. I turn around to see Zella standing there in front of me. I walk up to her to give her a kiss on her pale cheek and a hug. On our walk to the Nutcracker we talk and laugh about things. When we finally get there, we walk up to the middle row and have a seat and wait until the performance starts. When it does we sit quietly and watch until it is over. When it is over we walk back to Zella's house and have a cup of cocoa. (It has been very cold this winter so we enjoy the cocoa). Suddenly, a loud boom roars and the lights go out. " It will be alright, I will go get the flashlights from upstairs." Zella suggests. So she walks upstairs to get the flashlights. I look out the window at all the pitch black houses. "Fire!" One of the neighbors scream. " It's a fire in our house!!!" I run out to the streets. The fire was mostly in Zella's house! I wait impatiently for Zella to come out. But she doesn't. Then I finally just run into the house to find her. But as I am running, I fall on the front porch. Everything is silent and everything is black.