I Miss Him

Trigger warning
Hello. While straight, I'm a member of the LGBTQ+ community. My best friend was gay and committed suicide because of it. His name was Taylor. On January 8, 2016, I came home from school ready to video chat with Taylor. Before I opened WhatsApp, I received a phone call from his older brother, Tyler. Tyler was home from college for the Christmas break. I answered the phone and he was in tears. He told me that Taylor was gone. At first I didn't understand, I thought he ran away from home. Tyler clarified the situation a told me that Taylor had killed himself. My heart dropped out of my chest and I passed out. Tyler sent me a picture of the note Taylor left, explaining that he didn't have a reason in which he should live anymore. He thought he could trust a friend of his at school so, he came out to her. Taylor quickly realized that trusting her was a mistake as she told everyone in the school that he was gay. The next day, was when the bullying started. It got to a certain point where he couldn't handle it anymore so, he went up to his room, locked the door and ended it all. Tyler had to break down the door when Taylor didn't answer him after 10 minutes. Every January 8th, Tyler FaceTimes me at Taylor's grave and we mourn together. I miss Taylor. He was and always will be my best friend.

RIP Taylor