Chapter One

~~~

La bestia viene da dentro. La tua anima è unita alla mia. Seguimi e possiamo essere eterni.

~~~

"This is complete bullshit." Octavia, a five-foot-six, green-eyed beauty spoke as she hastily walked down the sidewalk of the bustling city. "I was supposed to meet with my mother ten minutes ago and now, I'll probably be late for my job interview too." She complained to herself, pushing past large crowds of people waiting for the subway.

Her heels clinked with every step she took. Walking in a face pace, maybe even close to a jog. She groaned frustratingly and peered out into the road, looking for any signs of a taxi that is not in use at the moment. She signaled a few times with no luck. She didn't have anymore time to waste.

Looks like she won't be seeing her mother until after the interview then. Hastily, she lifts up her wrist to glance at the time on her watch.

"Shit! The subway doesn't come back for another fifteen minutes and I only have ten minutes to get there! " She runs out of the subway and onto the street whistling with her fingers to get a cab. 

A yellow cab notices her and pulls over to the side of the street and she jumps in slamming the car door quickly,"Can you get me to the XG Co. in under ten minutes?" The man nods and slams on his gas causing her to jerk back. She will definitely have to rate him a 5/5.

Once the cab pulls over to the destination she hops out and tips him,"Thank you so much!" She turns quickly and starts heading to the front door but stops and looks up realizing how tall the building actually is. And it's not even the main building!!

All of a sudden, Octavia looks down from the building and a large man shoulder bumps her,"Dude, fucking watch it asshole." Octavia glared at the tall, tan man in front of her. He was dressed in a nice black suit with a briefcase clinging to his side. She scoffed. 'Privileged bastard' She rolled her eyes and attempted to walk past him.

"Excuse me." He spoke harshly gripping the upper part of her arm. He pulls her back in front of him and speaks, "Better watch your mouth young lady. There are some people you shouldn't mess with." His thick accent sent shivers down her spine.

"Oh, whatever." She yanked her arm out of his grasp and hurried into the office building right around the corner. By this point, she is a disheveled mess. Her hair was now knotted and tangled, the bottom of her pants legs was scratched and marked up from the rough concrete, she was in a complete rush, but managed to get there only three minutes late.

Once inside she tries to collect her thoughts. She dropped her bag from her shoulder and placed it on the table to search for the yellow file that contained all her contact information and her resume. Looking around, she noticed no one else was in the lobby area.

Octavia's p.o.v.

"Thank God, I found it.." I whisper excitedly, not wanting to embarrass myself for screaming.

A tall, dark skinned woman walked into the room with a clipboard and a stack of papers. She took a seat across from me and eyed me curiously. She was silent for a few moments. This was the most nerve-racking interview I've been to and it hasn't actually started yet. 

"Are you Octavia Mcclaire?" She asked me bitterly, eyeing me up and down about my disarrayed appearance.  

"I am." My anxiety flared up and my leg started shaking. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, covered by my ash brown bangs, ready to fall at any given moment. I took a  deep breath in trying to act as calm as possible as I opened up my folder and pulled out my most recently written resume. I handed the paper over to the woman and politely nodded. 

"I see.. Welcome Octavia." She spoke in a softer voice, "I'm Valerie, and I'm the head of this office building. If you didn't already know, this business's central building is located in Italy, as well as the owner. Unfortunately, we already filled the only open position we had, but I'm sure with your background I could convince them to hire you at one of the other facilities. The only problem with that would be that you would have to move there."

My nervousness was quickly replace with excitement. That actually doesn't sound too bad, I do love pasta, so I could fit in easily. "I- well, I'll have think about it."  Who am I kidding..? I would love to go, but my mother...that's a whole other story. Convincing her to let me go is like trying to say that werewolves exist.  

Valerie smiles sweetly and nods leading me to a desk,"That's fine! Just sign these papers and write your phone number down on this line and call back when you decide. We will need to know as soon as possible because the only  flight to Italy this week is tomorrow. The owner will be flying back to Italy tomorrow." I nod and sign the papers and wrote down my phone number,"Thank you so much Valerie." I turn around walking out until I was stopped by Valerie,"If you decide to take the offer I must warn you. You will be working in the main building, with Mr. Alexavier."

That made me shiver, I would be working with a rich douchebag?

I'm in for one hell of an experience.

———

"No, I don't think so."

"But mom, I really want this job. The building they have in Italy is their main building. The CEO of the entire company resides there. They pay a whole lot more than they do here." Octavia begged. "Besides, I'm an adult. You can't stop me even if I decide to go."

"Don't start that crap with me Octavia Ostasia (uh-stah-zia) McClaire. You might be an adult but I am still your mother. You don't know anyone in Italy, let alone how to speak Italian!" Her mother glared at her furiously, taking a sip of her coffee and slamming the mug back down on the table.

"I just want to do something for myself for once. Usually mother's are happy to see their child succeed but you sit here and make me feel unappreciated for something that I should be proud of."

My mother stands up and sighs shaking her head, did she finally decide I was right?  "I am very happy for you but you're going to be so far away and you're my baby." She was right, my mother raised me by herself, my father left us when I was a baby and mom never told me why.

I shake my head and cross my arms over my chest,"But mom, I'm not leaving you. I still love you and will visit you! I just want to become successful. I can't live with you my whole life I'm 20 years old now!"

My mother sighs and hugs me tightly, "I get it. You don't want to tell your boo that you still live with your mama. I love you and I wish you the best of luck."

I grin and hug back,"Thank you mama! I'll make you proud!" Glad I got that over with... now... to Italy!! Ciao!!