Room 305

Nagmamadali akong bumaba ng jeep at di alintana ang lakas ng ulan.

I need to see her.

Huminto ako sa tapat ng isang napakalaking building. Pumasok ako at hindi na pinansin ang mga taong nakatingin sakin dahil sa basa kong damit.

I need to see her.

Pumasok ako sa isang elevator at pinindot ang floor 8. Pagkalabas ko ay puno ng mga taong naka puti, amoy gamot at napakalamig, may mga naka face mask at gloves.

Dali-dali akong pumasok sa kwarto niya. Then I saw her, lying in that bed. Her skin is so pale, her lips is dry but she's still beautiful. She's still the woman I love for the past five years.

I sat on the chair beside her and hold her hand. It's so cold.

Please wake up.

I buried my face on her hand, giving her warm.

Wake up.

You've been here for months, hon. I miss you. Your family miss you. I know you'll wake up. Please.

I didn't notice my tears falling. I'm crying so hard.

"Why are you crying?"

I stiffened. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I know that voice.

Dahan dahan kong inangat ang ulo ko and I saw her. Staring at me. She's smiling.

"H-Hon?"

She smiled even more and cupped my face.

"I'm here now."

I smiled and hug her. Filled with joy. She woke up.

"We're going to be happy...forever." she said.

"Thank God you woke up. I've been waiting for you!"

She smiled.

"Wait here, I'm going to call the doctor."

Tumayo na ako at aalis na sana pero hinawakan niya bigla ang braso ko. I looked at her and saw her crying.

"No don't leave, please. Ilalayo ka nila sakin. I don't want that. Don't call them. Let's just stay like this. Please?" she begged.

Umupo ako ulit sa tabi niya at niyakap siya. I kissed her head.

"Ok, hon. I won't call the doctor. I'll stay. Don't cry." I wiped her tears and looked at her. She stop crying and smiled again.

"Promise me you'll never leave again." she said

"I promise, hon." I said and she smiled even more.

"I thought you'll never wake up, hon."

She just laughed.

Maya maya pa ay nag ring ang phone ko. Agad kong tinanggal ang pagkakayakap namin. She's still smiling at me.

"Just a moment, hon."

She just smiled.

Pero bago pa man ako makalabas ng kwarto, she called me. Lumingon ako sa kanya. She's still smiling.

"Bumalik ka agad."

"I will." and smiled bago lumabas ng kwarto at sinagot ang tawag.

"Hey cousin, where are you? Your parents are worried!"

It's Steve.

"Nasa hospital ako and you wouldn't believe it, Jessi is alive! I'm with her cousin, she woke up!"