Chapter 1

We're not defined by how other people see us and yet that's all we seem to care about. How we look, how we dress, and who's dating who. I'm Kelsey and I'm 18, I do not care about any of those things. Well at least I didn't. It all started a little over a year ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MOM!" I yelled looking at the alarm clock. It was 7:45 and school started at 8. Way to start off the day with being late on my last day of school. Smooth. I quickly pulled on some skinny jeans and threw on a shirt and slipped on my shoes. I ran to my bathroom and started to brush my brown wavy hair. I guess you could say that I was pretty but I wasn't considered stunning. I ran downstairs and out the door to see my mom waiting in the car.

By the time I got to school it was 8:15. "Ah Kelsey nice of you to join us today." My teacher, Mr. MacLean said. I blushed and quickly sat in my seat next to my best friend Lexi. Now Lexi, she is what you would call stunning. She has light brown hair with piercing blue eyes that literally makes every boy fall for her.

"Hey did you see what Katie was wearing today? She's really going all out trying to make a last impression before school's over." She whispered as I sat down. Katie was what you would call the school slut. Lexi and I even made a list of everyone she's hooked up with since sophomore year. I snorted, "What's she wearing now?" "She's literally wearing the shortest shorts known to man-kind, it might as well be underwear!! Then she's wearing-"

"Lexi! Is there something you would like to share with the class?" Mr. MacLean barked. "Actually yes," she smirked "you see Katie just happens to be the sluttiest slut in the whole world. I think instead of yelling at me for talking you should yell at her for wearing what could pass as lingerie. I mean it's rather distracting having to see her makeup painted face every day but now having to see her nonexistent butt and boobs, oh now that crosses the line."

The whole class burst into laughter as Lexi sat down pleased with herself. I looked over at Katie and she flipped us off. Oh well, no one said the truth doesn't hurt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rung and finally school was over. I quickly found Lexi and got in her car only to find her blasting One Direction. I don't necessarily hate them I'm just not their biggest fan.

"Lex, turn that down would you?" I shouted over the blaring music. She quickly lowered it before turning to me. "You know One Direction is staying here for a month please just let me enjoy the fact that I can happily stalk my future husbands." She said before raising the volume once again. (A/N: I forgot to mention this in the beginning but they live in LA so yeah)

After 10 minutes of listening to their songs on full blast we finally arrived at my house. "Bye Kels! Text me later yeah?" Lexi yelled as I got out of the car. I waved signaling that I would and walked inside.

I put my hair up and grabbed my guitar. I've always loved music especially since it's helped me since my dad died when I was 9. It never really bugs me anymore that he's gone, I just wish that he was still here.

I played for what seemed like minutes before checking my phone and seeing that it's been 2 hours. "Shit." I said to myself.

I forgot that I had an early shift at Starbucks, yes I know call me a white girl, so I rushed out the door. But as soon as I walked out I bumped into something hard.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I said.

"Oh it's no problem, love." The person replied.

Woah, well someone had a nice ass accent. I finally looked up and saw the one and only Harry Styles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Yay first chapter is doneee. FORGIVE ME IF ITS BAD THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE WRITTEN A STORY SO YES IT'S GOING TO BE SHIT