CHAPTER 1

There was two motorcycles laying down on the grass, like they were thrown there in a hurry. Ahead, there's a tan house. The house was small, but the exterior was nicely done and decorated.

I walked across the grass and stopped at the door.

 I remembered thinking, should I really just go in?

Before I touched the knob, someone opened the door from the inside. Startled, I pulled my hand away from the knob. His face, I was unable to remember but I was sure of the dimples on each side of his cheeks as he smiled.

I looked at him and my stomach tied together. That awful feeling knowing something is going to happen, then I hear footsteps behind me.

It was a girl with dark curly hair and fair skin with a round face, wearing a rainbow top and shorts. She had a smug look on her face.

I had a sense of hostility towards her, and a feeling of discomfort. I blocked the entrance with my arms, I looked straight at the guy and point to the girl.

"She's not coming in, I don't want crystal to come in."

Then he and I argued.

He was fine with letting crystal into the house but I was not, I didn't want her inside or near the house.

"It's not only just your house, we own this together!" He said, in a more loud but less harsh tone.

"But you're fine with her," pointing at Crystal, "in our house? Do you not know what she did to me?"

He replied with something along the lines of, "Don't think you're so important."

Then a burst of anger ripped through me, and I ran off.

The scene evolved with a door in front of me.

The door had the word dimension scratched on the the wood, but the aura of the door gave me a dark feeling. 

Of something evil or unearthly.

I opened the door anyway. The room behind the door was dark, almost no light. The only light was moonlight shining into the room from the window. 

There was a bed and a single table in the room.

On the bed sleeping, is someone I know.

I ran into the room, unaware of anything and hugged my best friend. I kiss her forehead in relief. Her skin to the touch was slightly cold with sweat.

"Let's go, I'll get you out of here." I told her.

I scooped up my best friend, grabbed her blanket and ran out of the dark room.

We took shelter in our middle school, the one we went to together. That school had our purest memories of love and friendship, with pure and genuine intentions of staying together.

We were hiding in one of the unused hallways, there was barely any light and it was dark out. There's no light coming into the building and the only light we had was from a flashlight. The building was cold but the floor was colder, she and I were starting to shiver with the cold biting at our skin.

She seemed sick, extremely sick and she was starting to sweat badly. I was trying to warm her up by hugging her and wrapping the blanket around the both of us. I kept reassuring her that we were going to be fine and they won't find us but our hopes were short-lived.

Footsteps were heard in the distance.

It was not human. It was the sound of something sharp hitting the ground, almost like high heels on marble floor.

Slowly clicking its way, but the sound of muddy feet scared me the most.

It was playing with us by taking its time coming closer to us.

Then, we were outside and surrounded.

Large amounts of creatures slowly coming toward us at all sides, surround us into a circle. I remembered almost nothing about the creatures, excepted it had a long tail, big belly and kangaroo legs but...

The creature had no hair at all, just all shiny skin.