Iron Fist

Jake's P.O.V

“Dad?” I shouted through the house. I Jake Smith was the man of the house at 15 since my mum died. Dad has never got over it and only comes out if he doesn’t get food. He scares my little brothers because if there is nothing he likes he fumes and ends up hitting the closest person to him.

My brothers are twin 8 year olds and very shy. They hardly know dad because its been 5 years since mum died and the twins never knew her and they only know the sad and angry dad not the happy go-lucky dad.

“what!” he shouted.

“the news is on. Its about our family!” i replied.

I heard the door slam open and shut as dads big feet slammed against the floor as he ran to catch the news story.

“The smith family was a famous family for building weapons for the army. But what happened to them? Well we go live to john outside the house of john smith husband of the deseast Elizabeth smith. John.” The reporter said.

“What!!!” my father and i said at the same time. We ran to the window.

 My dad grabbed me and said “run. Take matt and james and run.”

“why?” i asked.

“just do what i say this once. Ok.”

“ok.”

I did as my dad said and went up to our room and stuffed all our clothes into 4 bags and went to my brothers and gave them the smaller and lighter bags and i grabbed the other two heavier bags and put them on. I went to my dad and he led us out the back door. But we didn’t get far. Just as we got out the back door we heard the voice.

“we have you surrounded. Give up the boy and nobody gets hurt.” The voice said.

We ran inside to the top floor and my dad started to open the window.

“why should i give him up. He is my son.” He said.

“because we know what you did to him.” The voice replied.

What did he mean ‘did to him.’ Did to who and what did he do.

“how do you know?”

“we followed you, we watched you especially after lizzy died.”

“no you couldn’t have! I moved to the other side of the world.”

“we knew when you used your credit card. We even knew when you peed.”

“creeps!”

“ha, yes you could say that. But, what you did to your own son, flesh and blood is even more creepy and cruel.”

“tell me. Tell me what i did!”

“you made your son into a monster.”

“NO!!! I made him strong. I made him indestructible.” Dad said standing up.

“why only him then?”

“be- ummmm. I don’t know.”

“exactly you don’t like what you did to your eldest son so you didn’t make that mistake again.”

“wait dad. What’s he talking about?” i said interrupting their shouting match.

“your sons up there john?” the voice asked.

“yeah.” My dad said loud enough for the voice to hear.

“let him decide then.” The voice said.

“NO!!! I won’t.” Dad screamed.

“yes dad you will and if you have been keeping a secret from me my whole life i deserve to know it.” I replied. Walking up to the window.

“no. I said no! That’s final.” He shouted.

“no? You would question your sons love for his father?” the voice replied.

“true. Son if you choose to go i will disown you and you and you brothers will never see me again. So choose.” My father said. My own father would disown me.

“ok. Well it is obvious i would choose to go with the voice.” i said.

“ha see! Wait wha-“ my father replied.  Before he lunged and grbbed me around the throat cutting off my air supply. I was choking. I gasped for breath but i wasn’t fighting. I decided if i shall die i will die fighting. I pushed as hard as i could and dad went flying through the wall and out onto the roof.

I grabbed my brothers and ran down the stairs and out the back door into a man with an eye patch and a trench coat. Then the man said.

“hello, i am Director Fury.”