Dreams come true

Allison's POV

i am sitting in my dorm room and im taking a break from studying so i open up my email.  i see that there is one from my best friend who lives in tennessee, it was just emailing me about what her week has been like and asking m how i am.  i email he back and continue to scroll through my unopenned emails, most of them are junk, but i keep looking.  im about to stop when i see an email from yesterday from Colton Dixon's website with the subject line 'Tour with Colton" i immediately open it.         

i can't believe it!! Colton is holding a contest for an openning act for his spring tour!! all you have to do is record an original song, a cover song, and write a bio and submit it, this is totally do-able.  i close my computer to start figuring out which of my songs i should do, and what song i should do a cover of, but i just lay there for a minte imagining what it would be like to be on tour with Colton Dixon, my idol, to share a tour bus with him, to become friends with him, the guys, Schyler and Annie, this would be by far the coolest thing that ever happened to me, but who am i kidding, there will be a lot of submissions, and i am not nearly as good as a lot of other people.

after a lot of time looking over songs i finally decide to do my original called "Beautiful, Wonderful"  and to do a cover "His Kind of Love" by Group 1 Crew i thought i would show my range well, but also let me show a worshipful vulnerable side.  I recorded both of them just sitting on my bed, playing a accoustic guitar, and i think they turned out great, now for the bio, i hate writting these kinds of things, but this one needs to be amazing, i want Colton to like me as a person not just like my music. ok here it is:

hi, my name is Allison Scott and i am a musician.  i am 21 years old and a junior at Grand Canyon University.  those are some facts about me, but they really dont tell you what kind of person i am so ill try to explain a little more about myself.  i grew up in a Christian family and i became a Christian at the age of 10 and have been walking with Jesus ever since.  I have a super silly personality and i am super out going, but i can also be serious when needed.  i would descibe my music style as worship with an edge, i dress like a rocker, but i usually sing heart felt worship songs.

ok i have now done all i can for this contest, all i can do now is pray and wait.

Colton's POV

im think im excited about this contest, but there is still a lot that needs be done before i can truely enjoy touring with someone, and maybe even getting to be a part of starting their career.  the contest ends tonight, so at midnight tonight we can start going through all these entries and start deciding who is going to open for me on this tour.  

ath exactly midnight me, Devin, David, Jared, and Rhett are all sitting around a computer in my housegetting ready to start going through these entres.  there are more then 100 of the so it could take all night, but that is fine, i am just excited t find someone really cool to open up for me on this new tour.  after a while all of these songs start to sound the same, most of them are just ok, there was one pretty good guy,he was like a singer song writter and his original song was good.  after looking at about 75, i was thinking that guy was who we were going to choose, he was good, but i wasnt absolutely amazed.  at about 4 in the morning, we are about to all just fall asleep when the next entry comes on, it is this pretty college aged girl who sang beautifully, and her original song was amazing!!

Colton: that is it!! that our openner for the spring, she is absolutely amazing!!

Devin: i agree!! she is absolutely amazing!!

Colton: ok i will call her in the morning

Allison's POV

i just woke up, it is 7am and my first class starts at 8am.  the Colton Dixon concert ended last night but they probably wont make a descision until next week or something. and the tour doesn't start until February which is still 4 months away.  i get out of bed, and go to my closet and grab my skinny jeans and my thousand foot krutch tshirt.  i got to the bathroom, change clothes and i start putting on my makeup, on mornings tat i have an 8am class i wear very little makeup, but i put mascara nd powder on, grab my combat boots and run out so i will have time to grab coffee before my class.

after my last class i go back to my room and im going to relax for a little while before i start my homework.  i am laying on my bed watching how i met your mother and all of a sudden my phone starts ringing

Allison: hello

Colton: is this Allison Scott?

Allison:yes, may i ask who this is?

Colton: this is Colton Dixon

Allison:NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

Colton: yeah it's me, i was calling to let you know that you won the contest to open up for me in the spring.

Allison: oh my gosh!! i cant believe this!! 

Colton: im so glad you are excited.  here are some details, my band will play backup for you, i will need you to come to Nashville in the beginning of January so that we can get use to eachother and that my band can learn all of your songs.  yo will be able to play 7 songs and you can play whatever you want to, i can't wait to be on tour with you.

Allison: oh my gosh thank you so much!! i can't wait!!

(end of phone convo)

This is a dream come true