Victoria G Interviews Alex Hook

Victoria G: What inspired you to become an actress?

Alex Hook: I first enrolled in theatre classes when I was 6 and took part in shows including Annie, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc. I found my love for acting but wanted to pursue a more TV/Film based career. The challenge of becoming someone entirely different from yourself always excited me. Sharing other people's stories, both fictional and real, is what inspired me to act.

VG: What is your favorite thing about acting?

AH: I think my favourite thing would have to be the experience as a whole. I love traveling to a new destination and working with people I've never met before. I love learning the lines of a new character and developing who they are, and how they'll act. I love everything about it!

VG: What was your first acting job?

AH: My first job was a commercial for a cleaning detergent called Wisk!

VG: What was the audition process like to be on I Am Frankie?

AH: It was long. I first auditioned in August and was finally cast the beginning of October. In there I did a self tape, two callbacks and later a producers session where they flew everyone down to Miami to read in person. It was a long process but definitely worth it!

VG: Can you describe how you felt once you found out you would be on I Am Frankie?

AH: I was shocked. I remember finding out in school and instantly broke down into tears. I just couldn't believe that someone like me, from a small town, would ever have the opportunity to do something like I Am Frankie. But I was excited and ready for the new chapter!

VG: How much has your life changed since being on I Am Frankie?

AH: I like to do my best to ensure my life doesn't change too much. My family and friends keep me grounded and I never forget where I came from. I have done a lot more traveling for press and work with Nickelodeon, but back home I am still the same Alex who attends a small town high school with all of her friends.

VG: From I Am Frankie, are you most like Frankie Gaines or Eliza Gaines?

AH: I'd say I'm a combination of both. I have the softness and selflessness of Frankie, but the grit and need for adventure of Eliza.

VG: What has been your favorite episode of I Am Frankie so far?

AH: I loved the Eliza, Frankie fight scene. That was the longest scene we shot in all my years with IAF as it lasted 9 hours with 7 wardrobe changes. It was tons of fun but lots of work.

VG: Who is your favorite character on I Am Frankie?

AH: I love Jenny! She's smart, sarcastic, witty and very funny.

VG: If you could play any other character on I Am Frankie, who would you pick and why?

AH: Simone would be awesome, I love her badass fight scenes and unique personality.

VG: What is a typical day on set like for you?

AH: Wake up around 6am, head to set and eat breakfast while in the hair and makeup chair, then off to set! Throughout the day I'd do many wardrobe changes, and also spend time at the on set school to work on my studies.

VG: Do you have any hidden talents?

AH: I can go lazy eye which to weird people out.

VG: What is something not many people know about you?

AH: I'm a hockey goalie and have been for about 10 years!

VG: How would you describe yourself in three words?

AH: Chill, witty and adventurous.

VG: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

AH: Pursuing acting and hopefully using my platform to accomplish bigger and better things.

VG: What advice do you have for an aspiring actor?

AH: Never give up! It'll take hundreds of no's before that one yes. I also tell myself that if I didn't get this role, there's a better one coming.

VG: What are your social media handles?

AH: Snapchat: alexhook, Instagram: alex.hook, Twitter: alexhook_

VG: What new projects do you have coming up?

AH: Nothing as of right now, but hopefully that'll change very soon.

VG: RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS Rock music or Pop music

AH: Pop

VG: Robots or Monsters

AH: Robots

VG: Read the book or Watch the movie

AH: Movie

VG: Guitar or Piano

AH: Piano

VG: Instagram or Twitter

AH: Instagram

VG: Hot dogs or Hamburgers

AH: Hamburgers

VG: Dogs or Cats

AH: Dogs