Why Choosing a Free Web Hosting Service is a Mistake

Several managed offer premium solutions at an affordable cost. These web hosts can save you money in the long term, and save you a mess and headache that would come with choosing a free hosting service.

So, what is it about free web hosting which has made such a fuss in the internet and e-commerce business community? Here is what you actually get when you go for a free hosting service, and the main reasons why it is not a wise move for your online business.

Is Any Service Really Free?

The issue with free hosting is that it comes with serious limitations. After you find out its limitations and understand you have to reach beyond these, you will end up facing one of the two scenarios. You will either have to pay too much service fee to have what you need, or you will be stuck with whatever your existing service offers that hamper your business's success.

The vast majority of free services limit the available storage for your site's data, do not allow access to FTP, and the bandwidth of the service. If you have signed a long-term agreement, then you would be forced to pay a relatively higher upgrade fee than what most premium web hosts offer.

Several free web hosts are new companies, which market their services heavily. They offer free service to lure customers like you into paying for their other offerings.

The main risk you have when you select a free provider is that you lose reliability. If that provider fails in the market and eventually closes down, you would not have an online presence unless you have the backup of all your files elsewhere. If you have bought a new domain through that company, then you would lose it too.

You Do Not Have Server Control

If you are hosting your website on a free platform, it is very likely that your site is not scalable either. This means that if your online business grows, then you will not be able to add more features to your site. Most free web hosts cannot handle plenty of traffic, so when your business starts to thrive, your site cannot handle the sheer influx of visitors, most of who are potential customers. This then translates to not just slow site speeds, but also plenty of downtime. The term "downtime" in this context means the amount of time your site is inaccessible.

SEO Rankings Will Take a Hit

When your site speed becomes way too slow, or when there is downtime, it can negatively impact your ability to rank higher on the search engine results page. It takes a lot of time to build a strong online presence with SEO, for which you likely have spent a lot. When your free web host takes down your site, it can result in lost rankings, affecting the sales negatively.

Web hosting has a huge impact on e-commerce business. It has an effect on the experience your website can give shoppers and how much you invest in infrastructure.
Taking time to select an e-commerce web host will yield good results in the future. While you have a lot of options when it comes to hosting, the quality of the service varies between web hosts. The last thing which you want is selecting the wrong web host and being forced to migrate to another one in some months. So pay attention to the following factors when choosing one for your store. Reliability The reliability of a web host depends on its hardware, technical ability, and willingness to make a special effort to satisfy your requirements. Besides ensuring that your website and information on it are always accessible, it is also important to ensure that you have a secure and trusted hosting solution. Relying on a provider with reputable server uptime scores, preferably more than 99.5% is, thus, key to your website's success....