LET ME EASE THE PAIN MAYA

Kring!  Kring!  The sound of the phone becomes the alarm clock of Maya early this morning.

“Hello”, Maya uttered with an irritated voice.

“Hello, Maya, it’s me Zelo, I just want to remind you with the party later, I’ll pick you up at 8:00 pm, ok?”  Zelo, Maya’s boyfriend is on the other line.

“I’m sorry Zelo, but I can’t go with you, next week is our examination so I have to review”, said Maya

Maya is about to off her conversation with Zelo when she heard a familiar noise outside her room.  She heard her mother shouting at her father.  It seems that this is the hobby of her parents, shouting and quarreling and Maya is getting tired of it.  Sometimes she will just cry inside her room until the commotion in their sala ended.

But this situation right now is very different, she has a choice to escape with her boyfriend and enjoy just in a while.

“Zelo?  Are you still there?” Maya asked.

“Yes babe, so you have changed up your mind?”

“Yes!  Just pick me up at 8:00, I’ll wait.  Bye”, then Maya ended the call.

Maya is about to go back again to sleep when a noise coming from a broken glass startled her, “and, now they started to break all our things?  Yah just continue!  I hate both of you” Maya angrily said to herself.

Maya is now 20 years old, her life had been miserable for almost 8 years now.  She possesses both beauty and brain in fact she is running for magna cumlaude.  She doesn’t want her studies to be affected by their family problem.  Her parents is not lacking with their obligation to her, even though they are in such an awkward family condition they are trying to be a perfect parent for her but Maya is not contented with just material things and money, she wants a happy family, she wants to bring back the family they have 8 years ago.

Maya becomes a loner type of person.  When she is at home you will only see her at her room with a pink paint on the wall.  On the left wall of her room, you will see the painting of her family, her mother, father and her at the middle.  A painting that remind of her with the family that is back then very happy.  Her room is sacred place for her, where she can be alone, cry, smile, be in love if she want to.

The shouting and breaking of things outside ended but the voice of her crying mother replaces the noise.  As usual after the action of breaking things, the resolution follows when her mother is always crying and her father always leave the house.  Maya memorized this already.  Everyday, their house is such a hell for her.  She can’t do anything but to stay up to her room and read while there is a headphone in her pair of ear accompanied with a very loud music.

This is not the situation few years ago when she thinks that her family is the happiest and the most perfect family in the whole world.

Back then her father always go home early to play with her since she doesn’t have siblings while her mother cooks a very delicious snack for both of them.  You will just hear the voice of her laughter and the clapping hands of her parents when she dances at the middle of their middle room.

“Our child is really talented, right Ma?”, stated her father happily.

“Of course, she got that from me”, her mother said boastfully while they were all laughing.

She can see the sweetness between her parents. A harmonious perfect relationship if you will describe it.  They always let Maya feel and see how they love her.  Not even a single misunderstanding between the two of them is occurring.  What a great picture of a model family. Maya grew up as a smart young kid, jolly and very active.  She always gets what she wants and her parents favor her.  A very bright girl is how you can see her.