1of 7

This was not how I wanted things to happen…

 “Why are you always running,” Chris screamed at me as I retreated away from our tiny apartment as usual-running.  “It won’t change a thing! No matter how far you go you’ll still be Joshua!” She doesn’t understand and I won’t try to make her. I’m not running from myself because that’s currently impossible, nor am I running from her.  I run because…wait a minute. I should introduce myself, my name is Joshua Dent and I am the last human-Just kidding! I’m actually trapped approximately 5.8 billion light years away from Earth. Or at least what is left of it after the Fall as the few humans I’ve encountered have begun to call it. If you’ve just walked in allow me to restart from the beginning. Not the very beginning, but the beginnings of this fantastically sorrow filled truth.

I was fifteen when the first warning came. “In the year 2024, everything you know will change. Prepare yourselves!” Now at the time at age fifteen my mental state was much more stable than it is now. But that is unimportant right now; for forty-five years I’ve been trying to get home. Trying, in vain mind you, to find out what exactly happened when I wished on that

God forsaken star! A lifetime, my entire life was utterly annihilated all because I wanted a little excitement…but what good is it to dwell on the past hmm? *oxygen levels destabilizing* I doubt I shall last long enough to tell you  everything, so I will only tell you what led up to the argument-that’s a lie. I don’t have enough time to tell you why we fight but the jist of it is sibling rivalry. *Oxygen levels now at 75%.* on a happier note this is the 20th anniversary of the Detroit Lions making it to the super bowl and winning against the Ravens.

 Maybe I do have a chance to tell you everything before I die or get sucked into the worm hole that is currently pulling my ship towards it! I would scream but in the increasingly dark vastness of space nobody could hear me or attempt a rescue mission, screaming would waste oxygen anyways.  Time is my enemy once again…and this feeling of intense loneliness is eating away at my soul once again like the festering parasitic ex-girlfriend would in the midst of a brutal break up. Strangely, I don’t fear dying.

*Oxygen levels now at 55%* this isn’t good I am now at the inner rings of the worm hole. As much I want to get home I don’t think I’ll make it. Forty five years ago I was transported away from Earth and into this ship I have no idea how much has changed. Each day I wake up to be greeted by this endless night I long to feel the suns warm embrace! Sadly, reminiscing will get me killed even faster sigh *oxygen levels now at 35%* well that was stupid of me to do! Justin, or Felix, if this makes it to any of you erase EVERYTHING from my laptop, tablet, and computer. *WARNING! ENTERING CENTRE OF WORM HOLE! THRUSTERS HAVE CRASHED. CANNONS ARE OFF-LINE. COM LINKS HAVE BEEN DISABLED. DARK MATTER WARP DRIVE DAMAGED. Oxygen levels now at 15%.*

Perfect. Now I get die as a possible super human! Maybe I’ll get laser vision….or my organs might implode. We shall see, the computer continues to list off broken items as the bow of my ship begins to stretch and condense inwards. It’s quite beautiful honestly, but feels like being struck 40,000,000 bullets of white hot magma on every nerve on your body! I scream and waste the little oxygen I have left as I feel myself being ripped apart and squished together at the same time, the sensation causes me to vomit. But the vomit does a funny thing and begins to look like swizz cheese…fitting how food is my last thought as I feel myself die.

Or at least I thought so....