The Picnic

The characters' speeches will be identified with texts that are the same as those used below in their names.

Jekyll (Italic)

Lanyon (Bold + Italic)

Jasper (Bold)

Rachel (underline)

The Picnic

Lanyon and Jekyll were putting cookies, drinks and snacks in a basket when Jasper entered the kitchen, he had come in to look for something to satisfy his hunger, but when he saw them he forgot about it for a moment and asked what they were doing and for what they were going to use the basket.
"We're going to have a picnic, and we were packing the basket we're going to take on our ride."
"So, since we're ready, we're going, see you later kid."
"Okay, have a good day and a good ride." Jasper said, waving as they left.

After the farewell Lanyon and Jekyll went to the library of the society to choose a book to read together while they were at the picnic.

They ended choosing a book of fiction that sounded very interesting, and put it in the basket together with the food; and finally they began to go to their destination while having a pleasant conversation.

"So where are we going? You asked if I wanted to go on a picnic with you but you didn't say where we are going to do it."

"It's a surprise, but I think you'll love the place, it's full of flowers and trees, quiet, calm, colorful and the prettiest place in the Earth when it's dark."

"If you say so, but is it far from here?"

"You are impatient as always, it takes a 15 minutes walk, but when I'm talking with you the time passes faster and everything is better."

Lanyon blushed but didn't say anything about it, they kept walking and talking about many different things, since science topics to dumb things they had done when they were younger, both of them with a smile in their faces.

"We arrived; it is a very beautiful place, isn't it?"

Lanyon was so amazed with how beautiful the place was that he forgot to answer Henry, making the other worried.

"Robert, are you alright?"

"Er, yes? Sorry, I shut down for a moment, what were you saying?"

Instead of answering Jekyll smiled genuinely to him, took his hand and guided him to under a sakura tree, putting the blanket down; Lanyon did the same but with the basket, and after that both of them sat down on it.

The place had a fresh and pure air, and was just like Jekyll had described and even more than that, it was a place that only them knew, a place where they could be together without anyone bothering them each five minutes, it was the perfect place for them.

But it was easy to notice that Henry was still a bit worried about leaving the lodgers alone, even though Jasper, Rachel, Miss Ito and some of the others had common sense, they couldn't take care of all the reckless lodgers while they were on their picnic.

So Lanyon had an idea of how distract Henry from his work.

"Henry, you seem to be stressed lately, do you want to talk about it? Or maybe a hug? I'll be always here to help you."

Henry smiled sadly, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. Then he opened his eyes again and looked at Lanyon a bit embarrassed.

"We can talk about problems any other day, but I accept the hug."