ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

Published on: 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟷𝟷𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 𝚊𝚝 𝟷𝟶:𝟶𝟺 𝚊𝚖 // 𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚝, 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚐𝚑 //

"Damian, we need another cappuccino and iced tea." I told the dark brown haired guy beside me. I grabbed the tray with food next to him as he looked at me with wide blue eyes.

"Another cappuccino? Geez, people must like these. I need to try one." He grinned. "If you're gonna make one for yourself, make me one too." I nudged his arm with my elbow.

"Hey! Make it yourself!" He scoffed. "I'm not your peasant"

"Make me one too!" Citlali yelled from the other side of the kitchen. "Did you not hear what I just said?!" Damian turned to look at Citlali.

She threw a rag at Damian. "I'm the leader when the boss isn't here." She laughed evilly. "You are my peasant, if you want to get paid."

"Crap."

"I'm second in command right?" I glanced at Citlali. "Nice try, but I am." Damian scorned. "Ha, like i'd put you both as second in command." Citlali teased. "You guys would have this place down in flames in a matter of minutes." She laughed. "Now get back to work, we have orders to get to."

I shrugged. "Worth a try." I grinned before walking out the two double doors with the tray of food in hand. I walked up to the table with a couple talking to one another, "One Apple Pie and two classic burgers?"

They both nodded and I took the food from the tray, setting it down on their table. The woman immediately began to take a bite from her burger. "Is there anything else you need or would like?" I suggested. "What's in this?" She made a face of disgust before spitting some of it out on a napkin.

"If I do recall correctly; it was lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and mustard as you asked for, ma'am." I listed out. That is it, right? Or did I manage to fuck up this order? I took out the kitchen receipt from a pocket in my apron, unfolding it carefully. I scanned through it to see that I was right. I'm not wrong this time! So why is she complaining? I handed it to her as to show her, but she pushed my hand away and shook her head. "I asked for mayonnaise, not mustard." No you didn't! You're lucky I have to listen to you! I need the money.

"I'm sorry about that ma'am, I'll get you another burger with mayonnaise this time..." I put the receipt into my apron's pocket then reached for the plate in front of her, setting it on the tray I had. "There's no need for that cause we're leaving." Say what? Are you serious? She grabbed her purse and stood up from her chair. She's serious... Why for such as small thing though? "Babe... Please not again.." The man pleaded from beside her. "Landen. What kind of restaurant messes up such an easy order? Let's go." The woman argued before pushing past me and out the diner doors. Did she really just do that? If only I wasn't working... Not only that but she left him by himself here.

The man sighed before getting out his wallet. "I'm sorry about that. She complains about small things like these so don't let it get to you. I'll pay for the food and be on my way out." He gave me a twenty before rising up from his chair. I was about to go get his cash back, but he spoke up, "It's fine, you can keep the change, but do you mind getting me a to-go plate?" He's letting me keep the change, he's so nice.

I nodded. "Sure, I don't mind at all." I smiled before going to the counter near the kitchen. I opened a drawer and grabbed a styrofoam to-go plate from inside. I walked back over to the table and handed it over to him. "Thank you," He smiled and put the food into the to-go plate. "I wanted to show her just how good the apple pie is here, but it looks like I'll have to show her later." He snickered. I smiled at his comment.

"Anyway, thank you for your kindness and have a nice day." He grabbed his belongings before walking out the diner door, the bell above the door ringing. "You too.." I could see his girlfriend complaining to him from the diner window. "Poor guy." He could do better, she should at least be thankful for him paying for the food. I know I would.

"Closing time!!" I flinched at Citlali's yell as she burst through the kitchen's double doors. "That was our last costumer, right?" She questioned as she stopped her mini celebration. "Yes it was, that guy could do better though." I crossed my arms. "Oh?" Citlali's eyebrow perked up as she looked at me. This again...

"Did you like him?" She smirked as she nudged my arm. I laughed at her stupid question before shaking my head. "Of course not, it's just that his girlfriend was rude over something stupid." Citlali looked at me confused. "So you don't like him?" I rolled my eyes at her before cleaning the table in front of me with a rag.

"Prom is coming up soon, you know," She went over to the diner door and locked it; flipping over the sign from 'Open' to 'Closed'. She pulled the door as to make sure it was locked, "and you still don't have a date to go with yet."

"Uh, do I have to have one?" I smiled, "I can go by myself." She scoffed. "Uh, not on my watch. I promise you that by the end of this month, you'll have a date for prom that you'll absolutely fall in love with."

"Yeah, right, good luck with that." I laughed.

"Who wants a cappuccino?" Damian asked excitedly as he walked out the kitchen doors with a tray in hand. He walked over to us, setting the tray down on the table I had cleaned. Three cappuccinos had been newly made for each of us to try. Citlali grabbed one and smiled at the smell of it. I grabbed one and handed one over to Damian. "Let's make a toast!" Citlali smiled.

We held up our drinks and she started speaking. "To another day of work!"

"To another day of work!" Damian and I repeated after Citlali with a smile. "And to hopefully get Y/n a date for prom! Cheers!" She sped through her words but yelled out the ending. Great...