Risefald Records

Ryan's POV
I'm sitting in the waiting room of Risefald Records. Today is the day I find out whether or not I get a record deal. I've been waiting for this moment for two months, I can't mess it up now.

Suddenly, a hot mess of brunette falls through the door. "Brendon" is scrawled messily on his badge. He walks into the main office, before being shooed out.

"Sorry." he says as he sits down next to me, nearly whacking me in the face with his bag.

"No problem. Nervous huh?"

"Yeah. My band's waiting to know if we have a deal. Maybe one day Panic! At The Disco will be remembered and loved. But we'll have to wait and see, right?"

I nod. A small, plump woman waddles out from the main office.

"Mr Ross. Mr... Urie? Please come in."

Why have we been called together at the same time? We applied seperately. Anyway, we follow her into the room. I feel someone squeezing my shoulder and smile up at Brendon.

"You are both amazingly talented in your craft. This band... Panic? Got great potential. The vocals are beautiful. Ryan. Could be the next superstar. But..."

Oh no here comes the but. The sign of rejection. I should just pack up my stuff and g-

"I think you would work better together. Not as rivals. Mr Urie, Mr Ross. I will offer you the deal only if Ryan joins your band. You are both missing a small hole that the other could fill, so what do you say? You have five minutes to discuss what you want to do."

I turn to Brendon and shrug.

"Yes." I whisper.

"Yes." he echoes.

"We say yes. I will join the band for the deal."

Mrs Risefald smiles, pulls out a piece of paper and signs it.

"Panic! At The Disco. You now have a record deal. Good luck boys."

Wow. That was easy.