Introduction

(1) New Message

Source: High Doctor Francisca Nova, PhD

Message follows

            Friends, companions, people of the world. I am the High Doctor Francisca Nova of Final Impetus. You have never heard of us, and that is by design; it is our duty to ensure the continued prosperity and betterment of mankind as a whole. We are loyal to no nation or system; we are above the system, far above any law; it is the only way for us to fulfill our duty. Until today, we have remained in the shadows, hiding in plain sight, watching and guiding mankind toward a better tomorrow. Until today, we have never needed mankind’s knowledge or approval of our practices. Today, however, we need you to make a choice. A choice for the future.

            Before I explain what this choice entails, allow me to explain how Final Impetus came upon it. Many years ago, when the rest of the world was first developing the theory of quantum mechanics, we had already infiltrated the world of the infinitesimal; the quantum foam was ours to use. Quantum foam exists at such a small scale that matter is completely indistinguishable from other matter; it is too small for even the most powerful microscopes outside of Final Impetus to detect. At this incredibly small scale, there are tiny tears in the fabric of reality, too small to be noticeable at all to anyone without extremely sensitive machinery, known as quantum foam. We have discovered that these tiny tears connect every point in space and time, from the Big Bang to the death of the universe, from one edge of infinity to the other. While it is not yet possible to “time travel” or “warp jump” through quantum foam (in fact, it is almost assuredly impossible), it is possible, with the use of quantum technology, to extract data from outside our time; we can receive very specific signals from anywhere in the universe. Although we cannot yet transmit these signals to the future, we have found a message sent back to us; in fact, it is addressed to this year. This message seems to be the introduction to a story (in English, incredibly) sent from, at our best estimates, three billion years in our future.

            I will allow the author of this story to explain our choice. However, I must beg of the world: Do not play rashly with time. This prior knowledge of what is to come is a blessing, and must be taken as such; not lightly, like some science fiction tale. Consider this truth which will be told to you, and know that what we change here and now will affect all of what is to come.

Message ends.

(1) Attachment message

Source: Unknown

Message follows

            Hello people of 2014!

            First of all, let me just tell you that, as of this message, you live on! Three billion years later, and still putting up that old fight for survival! You should congratulate yourselves!

            Secondly, let me explain who I am: I’m a person, just like all of you, telling a story. It just so happens that the story I have to tell is your story, the story of humanity’s future. For me, it’s a history lesson; for you, a story of your future.

            Thirdly, what I will be telling you through these messages is part of the final wish of the greatest man I have ever known; my mentor, my leader, and my best friend. He wished for the world of the past to know of the coming events, if only for entertainment’s sake.

            Yet I know people, and I know you will not sit idly by and let the future simply happen. The way you use this knowledge can change the course of the future, yet I beg of you—consider carefully before messing with time. Yes, there are many hardships in the story I’m going to tell you, but so many good things as well—humanity will fly out into the cosmos and fill the void with life! Humanity will find the cure for all known diseases and end all wars! Humanity will even find a creature you consider so mystical and fantastic out among the stars—perhaps not so mystical after all!

            This, then, is your choice: Once you’ve learned of the things to come, you can decide to change them, let them happen, or simply dismiss them as fantastical nonsense you found on some website somewhere. Yet, dearest reader, I can assure you these things will happen—and they will happen soon…

            I think I’ll leave you all some time to decide how to proceed before beginning my story. In several weeks’ time, my next installment will appear “woven into the fabric of reality”, as my mentor put it (don’t bother trying to figure out why this works; I don’t even know).

            I think I’ll start with you…

Message ends.