Preface

Preface

Who would have thought I would be the one to get bitten and be forced to stay in town. That’s right, NO ONE! I didn’t know about the vampires living here until I was 15 and that was because it was required all people find out before they turn 16 if they are protected or not!

My town is out of the ordinary, I live in a small town in Central Alabama named Columbiana. If you are below 16 there’s not many secrets around here unless some gave someone something or parents break up, which isn’t a big deal. But over 16 there are many things you need to keep secret from the younger ones, and the worst part, my middle school gifted teacher was right about Sydney being a vampire, she snapped my best friends neck for threatening to tell a first grader about her secret, then she claimed my family as her clans personals. No one wants to be a personal, it means the clan who claimed you as theirs has complete control over you, thankfully we got off lucky since she was my friend and all, she lets us have more freedom than others all we have to do is pay 50 a month for each person in the household, so naturally I have a job, and it pays big!

See most people around have become crack addicts and the police do nothing about it because the vampires allow crack, so I sell it and get 50% profit, last week I sold 10,000 dollars worth for 50,000 so I now have 25,000. Even the vamps buy it! So I can get double, sometimes if I find a sack on the street full of it I will keep all profits made off it and not give any to my boss, I figured a year or two more of this then I will quit and by then I will hopefully have enough to pay for my college.

My mom always looks after us though, and she knows nothing about my job except that I can pay my part of the fee and rent in the apartment in the attic I stay in, and yes I pay rent, I’m 16 though so its weird by now most teens get taken up from their homes cause families cant pay for them, I on the other hand can, I saved my friend Katie from them too. She lives in my old room and pays just like me, we both work in drug dealing, which makes us more thank a million in a year.

I have worked in it for almost a year and have saved up enough to buy a car and not have to pay monthly, I also paid off my mom’s car and half the house payments, which they only know about the car and the house payment was from “Home Improvement awards” as far as they know…

Katie soon will move out and start on her own with a house she has been saving up to put an offer down on. We both plan to be in it by next year and mom and dad don’t care they just think Sydney’s clan is paying for it, which is what she told them, we will have full protection. There is Katie’s boyfriend who we hope will be allowed to live in it without difficulties, which Sydney has not approved yet, she is suppose to get back to us soon. I wish she never snapped Megan’s neck, maybe then we would be able to do more…