seungmin frowned in confusion. the last letter that he read wasn't even done but it only ended with 'i love you'. he would be lying if he say that he didn't feel anything while reading the last three letters. he got more intrigued to find and know who hwang hyunjin is. he wanted to meet him now.

he got off from his bed and returned the letters in the envelope. since he's done reading them, it's time for him to eat. he just left the envelope in his study table but took his phone with him as he left his room, heading to the kitchen. unmuting his phone, he checked his notifications if his friends sent him anything. apparently, they did.

changbin sent him a text five minutes ago, asking him if he could stay in his house for a while. seungmin immediately sent a reply saying that he can since he got nothing to do. his mom is probably in her room, sleeping, while his dad is still out for work. sliding his phone in his pocket, he took the food out from the fridge that was prepared by his mom for him and grabbed a spoon. his mom made graham cake and he's actually glad she did.

seungmin made sure he finished eating before changbin arrives because he didn't want him asking for food again.

minutes later, he heard the door bell going off as he opened the door. seungmin's eyes widen, for he wasn't expecting all his friends to arrive. they were smiling at him and totally looked tired. "i was expecting changbin, not a horde" his group of friends chuckled at seungmin's response.

"can we just get in already?" changbin, who was in front of all of them, said. seungmin heaved a sigh and moved aside from the door, letting them all come in. as soon as they're all in the living room, he closed the door and went with the rest. they all looked like this is their house─ chan comfortably sat on the couch while jeongin rests his head on the older's lap, minho and jisung were lazily cuddling in the loveseat, and changbin was in the kitchen to grab "some snacks".

all seungmin could do is sigh from the sight. he couldn't believe his friends came to his house just to rest. he went to the kitchen, only to see changbin eating his cookies while staring at his phone. it seems like he's texting someone since a smile just suddenly grew in his lips and his thumb aggressively tapping on the screen. seungmin moved to changbin's side to check who he's talking to but he quickly placed his phone in his pocket.

"who are were you talking to?" seungmin raised a brow as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. the older male just shrugged and took another cookie before walking to the fridge. "why does it feel like you own this house?" the younger irritatingly asked, watching changbin's every move.

changbin just shrugged, taking out a chocolate bar before closing the fridge and faced seungmin. there was an awkward silence for a minute before seungmin started speaking. "do you know anyone named hwang hyunjin from our school?" he didn't know why he asked changbin out of all people. he expected him to answer a 'no' since hyunjin isn't much known in the school, from what he noticed in his letters.

but surprisingly, changbin nodded. "he goes to the basketball court whenever we play, only to watch. a friend of mine once told me about him and it seems like they're good friends. why'd you ask?" changbin raised a brow as he stared at seungmin.

"i see," seungmin nodded shortly before continuing, "can you do me a favor?"

"it depends, but what is it?"

"can you ask your friend where hwang hyunjin's class is?"

───

seungmin stood in front of hyunjin's class, leaning his back on the wall. he waited for their class to end since theirs finished early. holding the envelope that belonged to hyunjin, he was quite nervous. he didn't know why he was nervous to meet him in person. seungmin thought that he's ready to meet him, but he's just nervous now.

he waited another minute and hoped hyunjin's class will end. as a person who has a lot of patience, he stayed still and thought of what he could say to hyunjin, yes, he's still nervous.

the door suddenly opened as the teacher walked out and the students followed behind, going on their own way. changbin told him that hyunjin is the last to leave the classroom so he waited till all the students are gone, which he found only one student left sitting and looking through his folders. seungmin quietly walked towards his desk, trying his best not to feel nervous.

he placed the envelope on top of hyunjin's things, making him look up at seungmin. hyunjin was surprised to see his crush in front of him. he got my envelope all along. he gulped quietly and quickly looked away. "th-thanks" was the only thing hyunjin could say as he placed the envelope back in his folders. he was hoping seungmin didn't read any of the letters in that envelope.

seungmin just watched the male as he softly smiled, finding his stutter quite cute. "no problem.. uhh.. hwang hyunjin, right?" he said, making the shy teen look at him in surprise.

"y-yeah.. that's m-me" hyunjin nodded and returned the smile. he couldn't believe seungmin is actually talking to him. seungmin took a seat in front of him as he felt his heart racing.

"so hyunjin," seungmin finally took the courage to ask him. "why didn't you finish the last letter you wrote?"

hyunjin's eyes widen as his cheeks were tinted in pink─ he was blushing, which seungmin found very cute. "you read my letters?!"  seungmin could only nod as he chuckled and looked away.

"they were cute actually" seungmin could only as he averted his gaze to hyunjin. "you're cuter" he started laughing softly as he remembered what hyunjin wrote, making his heart race.

seungmin shook his head from amusement as he saw the state of hyunjin. he stood up from his seat and stared at hyunjin with his bright smile. he wanted to get close with hyunjin. like how he sees him, he's quite interested. "wanna hangout after school?" seungmin asked as hyunjin shot his head up, unable to answer. it took hyunjin a second before he actually answered a 'sure' which made seungmin internally jump from joy.

"see you in the gate then"

and that's how their relationship grew.

THE END

───

it has ended my dudes