Where It All Began.....

"James what are you doing there? That's not your position you dummy go forward, come on" the coach shouted, he was a short-ass old man and had the face of a real footballer mainly because of the scar on his face as he claimed it came from a bruising march between him and the famous footballer now coach Zidan Zidane  and after his retirement his abs as well retired with him causing a new era of portbelly, although people didn't see the football in him, he just looked like an ordinary guy who hated his job but when it came to team spirit, he was the No 1 contender and was even supposed to be the captain of the team and playing on the pitch.

James was just a 17 year old rookie who recently joined the team because his parents couldn't really afford the fees that time he had to wait until one summer when he came back and he got a letter that he was picked in the football team as a striker and he should start training immediately, he was still confused about the letter and when he asked his parents they told him the good news of how his fees were paid.

James's joy was beyond reach as he jumped and hugged both his parents and a few days later he found himself on the training pitch where he was ready for a new challenge but the challenge was to stay as a substitute for a long time.

James was a sub for a long long time, so long that he even had his name on one of he benches before Frederick their star striker picked an injury and was told he would be out for at least 5 months, so James had that chance to shine. But it didn't look like that will be happening anytime soon because his coach was always harsh on him and he really wasn't use to such harsh environment and his teammates started hating him especially the captain with them thinking James might have had a hand in Fredrick's injury.

James trained harder than anyone and always wanted to be the Ronaldo of his time, the saviour of his team and the coach saw potential in him. The coach soon picked interest in his talent and began making contact  with agent to assess James and one actually had interest and was ready to take James but James never knew.

"Jamie' the coach always loved calling him that "come here boy" James came in a slow and steady way in order to avoid the coach throwing punches as he did to every other player on the field when they didn't play well and it hitting him directly.

The coach pulled him and whispered "listen Jamie I've been watching you train for a long time and your good and I know you're a good baller that's why I'm calling only you because I believe you and you're someday gonna become this world's greatest player" James was surprised at the coach as he looked at him in a shocked way.

The coach pulled him again and continued "you will someday become a hero or a legend okay? I believe you, just do the same for yourself okay dummy" James nodded but still in shock.

The training continued and James seemed to have picked up the pace after the coach talked to him. James had slotted in 2 goals and given the remaining 2 assists comfortably in the remaining 20 minutes before the referee called it a match and blew his whistle.

His teammates were surprised at his performance especially the captain, some came and were discussing the match with him and they said that he was a real game changer. The guys thanked him as the jogged to the dressing room, James was still training a bit and he saw the agent talking to his coach but he never really understood what was happening.

When James entered the dressing room he saw people looking at him and then whispering back at eachother even he captain was talking and making movements with his hands that made him look like he didn't believe what the other guy was saying and looked at James and frowned.

James was a bit dumbfounded as he was standing in front of the door, then the coach entered and called him "Jamie, can I talk to you for a second?". He walked behind the coach as the coach waved at him to follow him. When him and the coach were at the field he tapped the coach who was looking everywhere like he lost  something "coach, what's the deal?" suddenly a man in a corporate wear who was a bit taller than the coach and looked like an English spy from the movies James watched except he didn't have a gun or wore a pair of glasses (dark shades especially) but only wore a smile, James recognized him immediately.

He approached the coach and asked "this is him?" the coach nodded with a smile "wow he looks bigger than you described him and he looks ready" Ready? for what? James was confused as looked from the coach to the agent he didn't understand what was going on, the agent the shook the coach and went to James with a smile and a file and a pen "Mr James Weston, how would you like to take your career to the next level?" James was confused, the agent smiled and put his hand on James shoulder "how would you like to play for Derby County FC" James was shocked and happy "I pulled a few strings for you as I saw your potential and Derby are willing to pay good money boy so, go on" the coach said.

For the first time he hugged his coach and he did it so tightly with his tall figure as he wrapped his body round the coach and the coach couldn't breathe.

James stopped hugging him after the coach was able to push him away and James then looked at the agent remembering the offer and shook his hand frequently "thank you, thank you, thank you so much I won't disappoint you at all thank you sir" the agent was able to pull his hand away as James apologized "call me Paul okay and I'm now your agent" as Paul handed James the contract that he read and signed without thinking and gave him back "I'll be handling your transfers from now on okay?" James was so stiff, he never had an agent with that a grin was spotted on his face as he was already in his world being the best footballer with an amazing agent by his side just like his model when he was pulled back to reality by the patting on his shoulder from Paul "when you meet the manager you will discuss your salary with him" James smiled already thinking about his new club "Derby County" it was just ringing in his head and how the players would look like  "and me of course" Paul added and gave a smirk and James smiled and nodded.

The coach decided to leave them both and hugged James this time "I'm gonna miss you Jamie boy, take care okay" the coach patted him on the back as he left.

"Go home and tell your folks the good news" James nodded "we leave next week okay?" Paul added. James went jogging back to the dressing room as the agent hopped into his SUV that James later spotted at the other end of the field and zoomed off.