Chapter 1- First talk

This is a story of Nick and Amber. Two people who are completely opposite each other. But again, opposites attract right? Sit back and fasten your belts and get ready to fly in the story of Nick and Amber.

Nickelodean Abbott has had only one problem ever since he was a baby... he can't sleep at nights, and he can't wake up in the mornings. Ever since, he has been strangely fascinated with cooking... and while other boys played cricket and soccer, he was playing kitchen-kitchen. Growing up, his dad expressed a desire... that Nick would become an architect and join his construction business. Nick fled to Melbourne to become an architect, but how could a guy who never drew a straight line ... design an Eiffel Tower in Melbourne? His interest in cooking never left him. Somehow, Nickelodean managed to become an architect and even landed a commission to design a restaurant. The owner never liked the outcome. But he loved Nick's food. And Nickelodean Abbott became... the head chef of the 'Nick of Time' restaurant, Nick. One more thing about Nick is that he can’t stand the sight of blood. He hates blood, hospitals and is scared of doctors!

Today Nick has an interview with the RJ of a radio station called Fantasy and as always Nick is late. Any guesses who the RJ is? Yes, it’s Amber.  Amber is currently tuned in the radio channel.

Good Morning Melbourne!  Hello and welcome to your favourite-favourite radio station, Fantasy! And you're with me, Amber.. ..cool as a cucumber and lucky as a lottery number! It's just ten to nine. And it's a warm summer morning in Melbourne city. At nine sharp, tune into my program, where I'll introduce you to some successful people living in Melbourne, so that you too are inspired to succeed. Today we'll be talking to the head chef of the Nick of Time restaurant, Nick. That's in 10 minutes. So stay tuned. And till then, here's a song to keep your morning tea company.

After Amber rejected twelve men in Bangalore, her parents suspected that maybe she didn't want to get married at all. She denied it, but it was the truth. When she came to Australia for a year for a university exchange program, Amber fell in love... with Melbourne. She decided to stay on and joined medical school. Her parents cut off all ties with her. To pay for her education, she joined Fantasy Radio Station and soon became the most popular RJ there.

It’s nine am and still no sign of Nick. Nick is currently sleeping and wakes up after thousands of phone calls from the owner of Fantasy radio station,  Dave. He cuts the call after saying he’s almost there. Well, well, well, what do we have here.  We all know what it means when someone says ‘I am almost there.’

Dave, who’s around 40 years old rushes to Amber after the phone call with Nick. “Ey Hamber. Nick is late!” For some reason Dave never gets Amber’s name right.  Amber looks at him in disbelief. “It’s Amber. A for Amber ok.  And what do you mean he’s late?” Dave stared at Amber and replied  “l think he's just woken up.”

Amber gets furious and tunes into the radio station. Tell you what? She HATES latecomers.

“Hi again everyone! And now it's time to talk to our celebrity guest, Nick. But there's one slight problem. And it's this. Nick isn't interested in talking to you. So what if you happen to be the same customers who eat at ‘Nick Of Time’,  Nick doesn't care! Which is why he never bothered coming here. In fact, he's sleeping. So it's obvious how much he values your time and mine.  And then I'd like to ask him why he changed. his name from Nickelodean Abbott to Nick? ls he one of those people who are ashamed of their name? l mean, what is this Nick business? Yo, I'm cool. l'm Australian. l'm Nick. What's worth thinking about is, what else is Nickelodean Abbott ashamed of? For example, is he ashamed of his face? Maybe he's really ugly. Maybe that's why he became a chef. To hide inside kitchens and not show his face around. On that note, here's a song for you….”

Nick who was now in the car and on his way to the radio station had heard all what Amber had said about him. He immediately dialed Dave’s number.

“Hello... Nick here.  I'm almost there, dude. But this chick, your announcer, RJ-whatever... what's her name?”

“Hamber.”

Nick looks surprised at her name. “Hamber? What's this Hamber babe doing dude? ls this any way to talk about a guest ? l want to talk to her.”

The call gets transferred to Amber.

“Hello, is that Hamber? Hamber, Nick here. What... what're you doing?”

Amber lets out an annoyed sigh and replies “Taking your interview”

“But l'm not there yet.” Nick replies with surprise evident in his tone.

“Oh Really? l didn't even notice that.”

Nick gets frustrated “Listen buddy….”

“Listen buddy?! You bloody Nickelodean Abbott!”

“You….Hamber!”

 “Why the hell are you calling me Hamber?!”

“Why the hell are you calling me Nickelodean Abbott?!”

“Because that's your name.”

“No, my name is Nick! N-I-C-K…Nick!”

“Oh really?! Well, if you'd been here, l'd call you whatever you wanted. Nick, Nicky, Marlon Brando.” Amber replied in a mocking tone.

“Hello, what's your problem?” Nick asked frustrated.

“l hate latecomers! Because of you my show didn't start on time.”

“How does one late start make a difference to a clutch of taxi drivers?”

Amber was literally looking like an angry bull by this time. She cut the call on his face immediately and tuned in to the radio channel.

“Hey again people, this is the end of the show. And still, there's absolutely no sign of Nickelodean Abbott. A small piece of advice, if you plan to go to 'Nick of Time' restaurant, be prepared to wait... breakfast may appear by lunch and lunch by dinnertime. l think they should rename the restaurant  from ‘Nick of Time’ to 'Never on Time'! Anyway, it's goodbye from me Amber and keep listening to Fantasy, 101.5FM.”

A/N

Comment vote and keep reading! Love u all! :*