BEFORE WE START

Welcome to the first installment of the Cosentino Crime Family!

This book was previously written and completed under the name Invariance as a rough draft.

This is take-two under a different name: WICKED FATE to reflect the rest of the series better.

Instead of reuploading all at once I'll take up to six weeks to do so, allowing people to read or reread the book before uploading the first chapter of book two.

Please remember that I am not a professional writer and I am doing this for free. As such I'm the only one checking my work as I go and you shouldn't surprised if you see grammar and/or punctuation errors.

There are over seven billion people in the world spread out over seven continents. As the actual world is diverse, this book will be as well. If you have a problem with that this book ain't for you sweetie.

Inspired by true stories, certain businesses, organizations, events, and locations have been fictionalized for dramatic purposes

Meaning this is not an autobiography on organized crime and/or present day mafia. Nor it is a place for exposing government secrets. Some stuff will be based off real life, other things, most things really, will be coming from my head and maybe some conspiracy theories.

This is a mafia romance and is rated mature for a reason. Sensitive topics will be explored may include:

Vulgar language, Murder, Bloodshed and gore, Government corruption, abuse, sexual assault, grief, Mental health issues, Drug distribution, Weapons trafficking, Racism, Human trafficking, Betrayal, Torture, Alcohol and drug usage, Murder, Dysfunctional relationships— families, friends and lovers, morally grey and black characters, Explicit sexual content that will lean into the realm of bdsm.

Erotic asphyxiation, for example, will be a reoccurring feature.

Some scenes include light BDSM, which in reality would be performed by experienced partners who have had extensive conversations about trust, consent, and boundaries.

But every sexual act between the fmc and mmc is consensual.

Although there's a cast list, you can imagine who ever you want. Just remember the MC is a Black Woman.

And remember that nothing is ever as it seems.