Chapter One

Emily Woods

My heart twisted inside my chest and a whirl of emotions ran in my mind as I saw the guy once again standing in front of me chatting with his friends. He didn't notice me yet and I didn't want him to either. I was good without him. I clenched my fist and took a deep breath to calm myself down. That fucking asshole can't enter my mind again.

"Hey! Emily." I turned around as someone called me and I saw Carlton, his best friend. I smiled at him. He's not to be blamed for anything.

"Hey, Long time no see eh?" I laughed as he embraced me, I patted his back in appreciation and he all of a sudden jumped away from me.

"What?" I asked confusingly getting a little away from him.

"Well, your ex-boyfriend is staring right here. I don't wish to get killed so soon..." He said and the flare of anger I was feeling inside of me made feel like absolute shit. I was not supposed to let him in my mind. He means nothing.

"The actual fuck he can do!" I scoffed and he held his hands up in the air.

"I don't wanna take chances," he said and I sighed. Why does it have to be so hard?

"So, hows things going on for you?" He asked diverting the topic and I shrugged.

"Pretty good I guess. I am so excited for the wedding!" I laughed and from the corner of my eye, I saw a pair of silver eyes staring at us. I turned my head to look towards him and he was scowling at us. With his jaws clenched, he nodded his head sideways signalling me to get away from him and I clenched my teeth.

Who does he thinks he is!?

I showed him my middle finger and dragged Carlton away from him gaze.

Fuck Simon! Fuck his possessive ways!