Concern

Derya has been on the edge all day. For an untrained eye, it is almost impossible to notice, but if there is one person who knows her best, it is Yavuz. Later in the day he tries to get something out of Eylem, thinking that maybe Derya said something to her, yet she remains as clueless as he is.

In the morning everything seems to be fine. They eat breakfast in peace and, as usual lately, Derya spends some time going through the tons of messages she got. After that she asks him to drop her off by the court as she has some business to take care of there. He doesn't see her until the lunch break when he stops by her office. However, the only thing they manage to talk about is the venue and the menu at their wedding reception. It is then that he finally manages to notice her frustration.

"You say that it doesn't matter to you but we still have to decide on something," sighs Derya.

"It's just that the kind of food that is going to be served is not on the top of my priority list. All that matters, Derya, is that we're getting married," he lightly squeezes her hand. Then he adds jokingly: "People can starve there for all I care."

She cracks a smile at that but there is still some tension visible on her face. Before he manages to actually get to the bottom of this, they get interrupted by Kopuk, who informs him about a meeting with the higher-ups that he has to take part in. Because of all that, he doesn't meet up with Derya until the end of the day, when she is mostly finished with everything and ready to go.

The ride home is quiet. Yavuz doesn't want to start an argument but he also can't look at Derya's suffering anymore. There is clearly something bothering her, and he spends more than half an hour of the ride waiting for her to open up. At last, he has enough of her silence.

When he parks the car on the street and they go through the gate to the house, he finally asks, "What's wrong?"

She doesn't answer at first but he knows she heard him by the way her shoulders drop and she lets out a tired sigh. Derya opens the front door and they both go inside. She turns on the lights and starts going up the stairs with Yavuz following her.

"I don't know, Yavuz. I just don't know anything anymore," she finally says, and he can't help but notice how resigned she sounds. "I don't know how many tables there should be at the venue, what color the tablecloths should be, what people will want to eat or how many flower arrangements we need. You keep saying that you don't really care about this stuff but it actually doesn't help me at all, it just all falls back on me. And I really can't wait for our wedding, but I also have my job, and with it, my other responsibilities."

When they get to the bedroom, she slowly takes off her shoes and places her bag on the armchair standing in the corner. Yavuz leans against the doorframe, letting her have some space. He doesn't want to press Derya too hard but he also can't ignore the situation any longer. He is many things, but a fool is not one of them.

"Yeah, okay, I understand. I left you with all of that and I apologize. I promise that from now on we will make all these decisions together. But I know you're not mad just because of something as trivial as that, something else is bothering you."

"There's nothing else, okay? I'm simply tired, that's all. And stop pestering me!" she hides her face in her hands, frustrated.

He sighs and stands before her.

"C'mon, Derya, please, give me some credit here. I know you, okay, and I know when you're upset over some stupid shit like flower arrangements or when there's something else you're not telling me."

She peers at him from behind her fingers. Smiling, Yavuz gently takes her hands away from her face and kisses them.

"Now tell me, what's really wrong?" he asks, looking directly into her eyes.

"It's just... everything is going really well and I...," she stops for a second, trying to gather her thoughts. "I just think it's going too well, you know? Like something big is about to happen and we're not really doing anything to prevent it. Things have been crazy for so long that now that everything's a little more calm, I just can't help but feel worried."

Upon hearing his laugh, Derya frowns. She immediately takes her hands away from his and crosses her arms.

"Really, Yavuz? Here I am, trying to be honest with you, and you start laughing the minute I-"

She doesn't finish the sentence as she feels him press his lips against hers. His fingers start to caress her cheeks and she involuntarily relaxes into his touch. When Yavuz pulls away from her so they can catch a breath, his hands travel down her body until they reach her waist. Next thing she knows, she is pressed tightly against him. It's as if he cannot tolerate any distance between them.

"Only you would worry just because things are finally going great..." He says with amusement, and when she looks into his deep blue eyes, all she sees is love and tenderness. "And you're right. There is something big that's about to happen, Derya. Soon, I'll marry the love of my life. But you need to tell me when something's bothering you so we can fix it. I don't want to watch you like this. No matter what happens, whether it's good or bad, we're in this together. Like you said once, we're Bonnie and Clyde, yeah?"

Although the tone of his voice is soft and reassuring, Derya can feel the determination behind every word he says and she knows that he means it.

"Yeah," she says, smiling. "I love you."

"I love you too. So much."

And if her eyes well up with tears a little bit at that, that's only for her and Yavuz to know.

"But Yavuz, I swear, if you think you can shut me up with kisses, you'll end up sleeping on the couch."

"Is that a threat?" asks Yavuz and smiles. "You can't make me sleep on that couch anymore, haven't I suffered enough?"

"It's a perfectly good couch, thank you very much-... What have I just said about shutting me up with kisses?" frowns Derya. "Go downstairs and say hello to your bed, Yavuz bey."

"Derya, you can't be serious..." The playful smile is gone from his face, which takes everything in Derya not to start laughing at him in that very moment.

"But I am. Either that or you can try to - well, I don't know - convince me somehow to change my mind?" she says innocently.

"I see," answers Yavuz with a smirk on his face, right before he starts leading her towards the bed. Slowly pulling down the zipper of her dress, he whispers into her ear: "You're a dangerous woman, savcı hanım."