Part 11 - An Ally

He's asking about... Matias? I thought, no, wait... now that I recall the time I first met him...

"Hey, you two there! Please evacuate, it's dangerous here-" said a familiar voice from the right.

When I turned around, I spotted the very same man with his dark green hair gelled up earlier. He stopped and stared at us for the while, saying nothing. But then he narrowed his gaze to the young man in front of me and walked over to him.

"What are you doing here?" asked Matias.

"I was just about to leave," said the blonde guy and turned around, his coat flashed behind him. At command, the Salamence went over to him and laid down in the ground, getting ready for another trip.

"Don't you think I deserve a better explanation than that?" said Matias.

...something's up. They're not in good terms for some reason, I thought and narrowed my eyes at him, he could be dangerous.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb. You know who I'm talking about," he said and nodded to the critical unit window.

"I was just here to accompany a friend - another visitor," I replied and shrugged my shoulders.

"Liar. You have some shady business with him and brought that man to his resting, probably his final one," he said and narrowed his eyes, "you two were having dinner together yesterday, planning to go on a 'journey' together-"

"H-huh?! Are you a stalker?!" I asked and drew back.

"Excuse me, it was my shift and it was your fault for choosing a seat so close to the kitchen when the restaurant has an open kitchen," he said and rolled his eyes, "now explain,"

"I was a bystander who saw him got electrocuted by a Pokemon, then he was brought to the hospital!" I refuted, "why does it sound like you're holding me responsible for a coincidence I happen to witness?!"

"First of all, I'm not stupid. When the building collapse, Matias strayed away from the evacuation line on purpose. Now answer me, why would someone do that if he was not looking for a particular object or person?" he asked, "you have some connection with him, like you're essential for him. In some sense,"

"E-essential...?" I asked, furrowing my brows, "y-you have a weird way to put things into words..."

"Doesn't matter. And just today, he 'somehow', as you described it, was around you again and is now lying in the hospital's critical unit," he said and made a quotation mark with his hands, "was that really a coincidence? That every time he's around you some terrible 'accident' happen? So you call upon disaster to anyone around you and I'll die after spending some time with you?"

!!!

My jaw dropped open upon hearing that. Heat rose to my forehead, burning all the way from my chest. I couldn't believe what I just heard! I pulled the young man's collar towards me.

"Maybe. Maybe that does happen to people who justify harassment by saying it's for someone else's sake," I said with my other fist balled up. 

"Whoa, looks like little miss bystander is plenty violent, after all," he said mockingly with a smirk.

"What's your problem?!" I shouted and raised my other arm.

"What's YOUR problem?!" he shouted back and pushed my fist back.