Part 13 - Out of the sewer

"What the-?! A Lugia in a sewer?!" the young man exclaimed in disbelief.

"I guess the only way left is to fight..." I said and reached the uppermost Pokeball in my arsenal.

Wait... how many attacks has it been since this morning? I thought, oh, no...

"Lucario, Dragon Pulse!" he said and got out his Lucario.

I looked at the two blankly. Lucario unleashed a Dragon Pulse towards Lugia. However, it wasn't enough to bring Lugia down. The dragon fended off most of Lucario's attack, while wrecking the place around. Small chunks of concrete flew in the air along with some splashes of those sewer slime.

"Mind helping me a little bit?" he suddenly asked, his glare quickly caught my eyes.

"Froslass, Blizzard!" I commanded and threw the Pokeball in Lugia's face.

As soon as the Pokeball opened up, a big snowstorm brew, making the diving Pokemon shrieked. The moment the cold wind brew, I felt the surface of my face, ears and hands numbing from the cold sensation. I gritted my teeth, feeling an acute pain spreading from my ears. 

"This sheer power..." he muttered as he raised his arm to protect his sight.

"There, you do the rest," I said, looking away.

"...excuse me?" he said and turned to me.

"Froslass doesn't want to attack more than three times a day," I said, "she's anti-fight,"

"Wait... what?!" he asked and looked at us in disbelief.

"Froslass, return," I said, trying to keep a straight face.

"...and exactly how are you so sure about going..." he said, his shoulders trembled slightly.

Right as he said that, Lugia howled and started thrashing about. Its arms hit the ceilings of the sewer, causing a few chunks of the concrete to fall down. A huge wave of dirty and slimy water rose and crashed onto us. Drenched with dirty slimy water from the sewage from head to toe, I could smell a strong stench entering my nose. 

"G-guh!" I said in disgust as I looked down. The droplets of sewage water ran down from my hair and cape.

"This case isn't something to play around with!" he exclaimed, as if unfazed with the attack at all, "there are lives at stake here! You saw Matias getting electrocuted and turned out all of his hopes rest on a trainer who refuses to fight?!"

"...it's a long story..." I said and looked away.

"Might as well just go by myself..." he said, his voice trembling slightly, "Salamence, go!"

"I can still-" I said and put a hand to my chest.

...fight? But... in this circumstances... I thought, Lucario and Salemence probably don't have any super effective moves on it... even if I send in Swanna, it's still a bit of a gamble. There must be something else I can still do...

Just then, I spotted light breaking out from above, coming from a small hole in the ceiling. More importantly, big cracks formed along the ceilings, all leading to that small hole.

I can tell Swanna to take us out of here once the hole's big enough... but how do I stop Lugia from attacking us when the opening's good enough...? I thought and looked into it, it's just going to drag us down again or wreck havoc in the town...

Right then, I noticed something as I scrutinized the gigantic creature. Scars on its forehead and under its wings. Burnt marks at its neck and belly. A big slit on its right wing.