Prologue

Jungkook yanked the sketch notebook from his sister, with their older brother hugging her tightly, much to her dismay as he held it high above his head to read its contents.

"Ooh would you look at that?? Who wouldn't know who my little sister has totally fallen in love with?"

"Yah! I told you not to look through it! Ugh, you guys are the worst!"

She grabbed the notebook from his hand and ran into her room, face as red as a tomato. Jungkook and Junghyun looked at each other, grinned, and instantly broke into fits of laughter.

She's so whipped for him... LOL LOSER!

That's when the doorbell rang and Jungkook quickly fixed his hair to look somewhat more presentable. Junghyun charged downstairs, nearly falling, while Jungkook and Jeongmi followed behind.

Who the hell could be at the door at three in the morning?!

Junghyun opened the door slowly, revealing a police officer.

"Um, hello officer? What brings you here at three in the morning?"

He sighed, removing his hat and reaching into his back pocket. But something felt off. Very, very off. Eerie, almost... What the heck was going on?

"Jeongmi, get behind me. Right now."

"I'm afraid you three have to come with me to the station. Right now. It's about your parents... They've gotten into an accident. And we need you to come down to the hospital to identify their bodies..."

What?!

The three siblings could only stand in shock and stare in suspicipus. This officer had to be mistaken. Nothing adds up. Their parents weren't even in Busan right now... They went on a trip to Jeju. And they weren't supposed to be coming back for another week. There's no way they could've flown them back to Busan so quickly. Behind Jungkook, Jeongmi collapsed in shock, hitting her head on the cold marble floor.

Aish, this girl.

Junghyun narrowed his eyes in suspicion at the supposed officer.

"Sir, I'm afraid you have the wrong house. Our parents aren't in Busan."

"Junghyun-ah, their plane crashed on the way back from Jeju. And we have managed to recover their bodies."

"No sir, you really do have the wrong house. They aren't coming back for another week. But sir, how do you know my name?"

And just like that, all hell broke loose.