Meeting

Two pairs of black heels splashed through shallow puddles, hurriedly skipping across the city sidewalks and towards the large building at the center of everything. Geneco. Marni had been working there for a little while now, bringing in the money that kept them under the roof of the small apartment while the younger one sang at local clubs. She had been invited, tonight, however, to join them in a drink provided by the companies staff.

Mag tugged her hood closer over her face, wanting to save the makeup her older roommate had done for her. Being blind, she struggled to get it done, but she knew Marni was always there for her. She squeezed the hand that was guiding her through the many other bodies of the streets, smiling when the familiar voice acknowledged her.

"Almost there, Maggie. Just one more block." She tried to reassure Mag.

Mag didn't know how far that was, truly, but hummed anyway to be nice. She adored Marni and usually followed her every word, even if it was to meet a man Mag had never met, who was at least sleeping with Marni, and who was supposedly rich beyond belief with his company.

Mag didn't know what to make of the company, it was quite new but already spreading glorious news. And if there was one thing Mag knew was that if something seemed too good to be true, it most likely was. But if there was a dark side to this whole thing, she would keep her nose out of it. There was small talk between her and Marni that she would move in with her new lover and that meant she would have to throw Mag away.

Well, that made it sound harsh, but it was how Mag felt. The idea of being alone in this intense city for the first time was horrifying to her, but she knew one day this time would come. She had to stop clinging onto Marni's leg like a lost kitten and become a woman. No matter how scared she was.

"Alright! Here we are.." Marni spoke up, pushing open a large sounding door and leading Mag inside. They removed their hoods and fixed themselves up, Mag stilling when she felt Marni fixing up any smudging of her makeup. She pulled back and took Mags hand again. There must have been a lot of employees around, judging from the loud claps of shoes and trays containing organs squeaking by. Sometimes Mag was grateful she wasn't able to see.

They climbed up what felt like a thousand steps, seeing as the elevator was down due to the new floors being added. She tried not to whine, not wanting to cause a fuss in front of Marni, who was still pulling her even through heavy steps. It was just another reason Mag admired Marni.

At last, they reached the very top floor, here Mag was able to hear clangs of steel and heavy steps from above. She shivered, fearing something of someone would fall through. And with one last checkup, they knocked on the door and were let in.

From there large amounts of perfume, she guessed the two bodyguards were female, but what really surprised her is the sound of a gun clicking. She gulped quietly, frowning until she was patted by Marni. Mag tried to give her a small smile despite the turning in her gut. She then heard the voice of a larger man.

"Aahhh, ladies... you've made it here safely." He loudly greeted them. She felt Marni quickly pull her hand away from Mags side, a small worry went through. It did not stay for too long as she heard another voice from the man's side, younger and not as glad to see them.

"Finally..." The younger man muttered.

"Hush, Luigi." Said the older.

She heard the larger one get up from his seat, taking Marni's hand first and kissing it before taking Mags and kissing against the knuckles. Mag had to stop herself from physically cringing as she felt his thin, dry lips go over her hand. She felt glad when he eagerly went back to Marni, taking her coat mainly so he could see the dress Marni was wearing for him.