Chapter 1 - The path to cold revenge

Jun finally had enough of Uta's rejections. Whilst still liking her, he decided to change himself so that she would feel how painful it is to be rejected. As gentemanly as he is, he decides to make her feel his pain the subtle way, not wanting to ruin his reputation. He begins the change by selling his guitar and punk-style outfits and switching to composing orchestral music in a Shunsuke Kikuchi manner as a hobby and wore more formal clothing outside the school. He also retired from his practice of pun-filled jokes as well as singing. He also removed his hair dye and began wearing an erudite's spectacles and became more hardworking and studious.

Then one day, while he was at home, flipping the channels on his TV set, Shokoushi Cedie caught his attention, with the scene being in the series' third episode where the Earl of Dorincourt chews out Cedie's father for marrying an American woman. Struck by the Earl's personality and appearance, he became motivated to make himself look older and sterner before even reaching the age of 30. Watching the Shokoshi Cedie anime made him remember reading the novel it is based off when he was still a child (he actually often read classic novels during his childhood and still reads such until now) and also remembered that said novel's writer also wrote "A Little Princess", making him decide to view Uta as Miss Minchin.

Jun slowly began distancing from Uta, only talking to her if she herself initiates a conversation to him. But if Jun does talk to Uta, he makes himself sound as if he's terminally ill, usually coughing when speaking to her. He got the habit from Herman Melnore, who is one of Judy Abbott's teachers in My Daddy Long Legs.

Jun would later realize that marrying and having children in his 20s will contribute to his will in looking older than his age. But while he is not married yet, he makes himself look attractive and younger so that he can find his future dream girl. He later managed to save enough money and paid a tailor to make him an orchestra conductor's tuxedo, which consisted of a yellow tuxedo, white dress shirt, green necktie, and blue trousers with pink stripes. These colors except the white dress shirt were the same colors as one of Uta's midriff clothes and was designed in a similar manner to the Earl of Dorincourt's outfit. He opted for such design so that he would remember the pain that Uta gave him. He also felt that Uta would feel his pain even more if he wore such clothing and also plans to wear it if ever he would be chosen to play an authoritative role in a school play.

He soon fell in love with a girl named Sachiko Fujioka, and, upon courting her, said yes to him. And it's all because he received some courtship advice from an uncle. By this time,Uta was already Kakeru's boyfriend.

Sachiko is the daughter of a businessman who is a friend of his uncle. Jun thought that meeting the right partner through a relative's friend was the best way to find love. Sachiko attends Harunatsu High School, which is near Jun's school. Jun eventually started working part-time for Sachiko's father. When Jun and Sachiko date, they only do it in her house. He doesn't want anyone to know about their relationship until their wedding day. So for now, the only people who know about their relationship are Keiichi and his parents.

The summer before reaching his final year in high school, Jun enrolled in a cram school majoring in music composition in order to prepare himself well when he takes up the course itself once he reaches college. He also met up with Ryoma Echizen and Sakuno Ryuzaki, then already a couple who were visiting Yumegaoka City for a tennis tournament, both of who trained him in playing tennis. Ryoma happens to be a distant cousin of Kakeru.

Shortly before reaching his final year of high school, he made a secret negotiation with the school's guidance counselor not to make him classmates with Uta and Kakeru (while still remaining friends with the latter) while still remaining classmates with Miki and Mana.

When classes began, he ran for class president and won. And told all of his classmates to address him with the title of "Earl of Dorincourt". From that point on, Jun was feared by those who were rowdy in his class as he didn't hesitate to discipline like a millitary commander. Everytime he scolded his classmates in a classroom address for doing something awful, his voice sounded like a head-of-state threatening corrupt officials to resign! What's more, he was more strict with the boys! This resulted in most of his classmated being more behaved. He also earned two new close friends named Kohaku Gouda and Daijiro Yamamoto, whom he appointed as his bodyguards. Despite Jun's strictness as class president, he occasionally helps his classmates in understanding difficult lessons to get higher grades and would even ocassionally hold tutorial sessions at school during Saturdays. He later went on to become Yumegaoka Junior High School's varsity tennis players,  managing to defeat Ryoma in 5 out of 10 tennis varsity matches, two of which was held at Seigaku.