The Narrator

I suppose one would expect me to know when exactly I began. To be completely honest, I haven't the faintest idea. I simply and suddenly existed.

I am the voice that is heard when all other voices are silent. I should say that when stories were put on paper was when I began, really. When people stopped using their own voices and needed something new to take over. I am called The Narrator.  I have overseen many stories. I have looked into the minds of countless characters to tell their thoughts. Sometimes the characters will tell their own stories for me, but most of the time I am the voice you hear in your head. 

I don't have any favorite or hated stories, I just tell them all. I truly love the span of human imagination, and how endless it is. One might assume that I am lonely, but I find company in all the minds of the writers who give me life. Every bit of writing gives me breath and I enjoy every moment of it. It doesn't matter if you consider yourself good or bad, I love to be the voice of the story all the same. I have witnessed countless love stories, countless deaths and murders, countless adventures, and they are all so unique and beautiful!

I can't imagine myself ever having an end. After all, how could stories end when there is always someone to write them? I may have a thousand tales left to tell, who knows?  Of course you, dear reader, could give me a voice as well. That little story you considered but threw away- pick it up, I would love to tell it even if you feel it isn't worth writing. That project you started but gave up on- well I'm not out of breath yet, so why don't we finish it together?