Camping

It was a warm summer morning of '75. You have been quite close with the band Queen. Especially Freddie. Freddie was your best friend since college. Anyway, you're going camping with the boys because they recently had got back from their tour in Japan. You all (minus Freddie) agreed to go camping as a vacation. A little time with nature was exactly what you needed. You work as a graphic designer and the company you work for offered you a paid 3 day vacation and you gladly accepted.

The boys are on their way to pick you up as you're packing your clothes for the night. You packed your favorite t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts for the next day. You also packed an old, grey tank top and basketball shorts to sleep in. Along with that, you packed deodorant and body spray.

Once you finished packing, you realized that you weren't ready yourself. You pulled out a black Jimi Hendrix tee and black shorts and put that on. You got your old black converse and wore those as well. You went to the bathroom and put your (h/c) hair into a loose braid.

You heard a knock on your door. You grabbed your bag and ran to the door. You open it to reveal Freddie himself. You greeted him with a big hug.

"Oh how I've missed my favorite diva!" You said, laughing.

"And how I've missed my favorite dork!" Freddie said back.

"Hey! If you two lovebirds are done with your reunion, I suggest you get your asses in this car!" Roger exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and stifled a laugh. Freddie and I broke apart and got in.

"It's about bloody time." Roger joked.

"Oh shut it, princess. It's only been like two minutes, if that." I said, chuckling. That gotta rise out of the others. "It's nice to see you Rog. It's actually nice to see you all again. I've missed my friends."

"We missed you too, (y/n)" John said.

"Hey Roger, can you stop at the grocery real quick? There's something I need to get." I asked.

"Sure thing." Roger answered. Once you arrived at the store, you spent about a minute or two in there to get marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey's chocolate. Once you got in the car, Freddie was curious to what you got, so he immediately took the bag from you and looked.

"You miss, are a goddess." Freddie said.

"How so?" Brian asked.

"We're making s'mores tonight boys." I announced.

"At least there's some good coming out of this trip." Freddie commented.

"Maybe it won't be as bad as last time, Freddie." I said. Last time we went camping, we were still in college. We all got ate up by all kinds of bugs because of the weather. It's was raining all day that day. And Freddie just so happened to find out that he has a mild allergy to mosquitoes like me. Nothing that could kill him, but the bites are larger and more painful.

"Don't worry about it Fred. I brought bug spray this time, so we should be good." Brian said.

"And it shouldn't rain anytime soon either." I quipped.

"I'm amazed I'm the only one that got PTSD from that night." Freddie said.

I chuckle. "This is a perfect example on why I call you a diva, hun." I made Roger laugh. Which isn't surprising. As long as you're picking on Freddie, Roger laughs.

We finally got to our camping site which was a lot prettier than before. Turns out, Freddie took a nap on our way here, so I woke him up. We set up our tents, which there was only two, so we had to share. Brian was starting the fire, Roger was helping Deaky and I unpack our sleeping bags and what not. Freddie however was having war memories from being attacked by all kinds of bugs. To be honest, I get it. I pretty much have PTSD from getting stung by a wasp when I was ten. It only stuck to me because I was mourning the death of a close family member and the prick just had to do that.

I grabbed the bug spray and went over to Freddie with it. I started to spray him with it.

"What are you doing, darling?" He asked.

"I'm spraying bug spray on you, princess." I answered.

"I thought Rog was the princess."

"You both are, really." I chuckled. Freddie smiled, but immediately covered it. I pulled his hand away from his mouth. "You have a pretty smile. Don't cover it." I said.

"Pretty? I think you pronounced terrifying wrong, dear." Freddie said. I rolled my eyes.

"No Freddie. I mean it! I like your smile." I smiled myself. He smiled back and didn't hide it this time.
__________________________

Later on, we were in a circle surrounding the camp fire. We were making s'mores while the boys were telling me about their trip to Japan. It sounds like they had a really great time. Eventually, we started telling funny stories. And I had to bring up the time that Freddie thought pot leaves were tea leaves and he made 'tea' with them. I was surprised that Freddie laughed at the story instead of getting all pissy because I brought it up. Maybe it's one of good stories he has in his life so far.

Eventually, the fire went out. Which was our cue to go to sleep. Unfortunately, my dumbass has forgotten to bring a sleeping bag.

It's been about an hour and I couldn't sleep. I had nothing warm to put on besides socks and it doesn't help much. Apparently, Freddie noticed and tapped my shoulder. I rolled over to see a half asleep diva before me.

"Are you cold?" He asks followed by a yawn.

"Yep. Had it coming though." I chuckled. Freddie smiles warmly.

"Do you want my sleeping bag? I don't mind if you take it." He offers as he sat up.

"No thanks, hun. I'll be okay." I said. I sat up and sat Indian style. I have never been so tired in my life. My head was down because I was so tired. I felt an arm wrap around me and pulled me close. It was Freddie. Without thinking, I wrap both of my arms around him and hold him close. He was so warm. I didn't want to let go.

"Geez, darling. You're freezing!" He said.

"You're quite the opposite." I said. "Can you be my heater for the night?"

He chuckles. "Of course, love."

"Thank you." We stay silent for a couple seconds. Then Freddie speaks up.

"Hey, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about. And I think now might be a good time."

"Sure Fred, what's up?" I asked.

"Well....so you know how the boys have been picking on us and calling us lovebirds and such right?" He asked. I nodded. "Well I know why."

"Please do enlighten me, hun." I said.

"Well....uh...turns out....I got feelings for you...and the boys picked up on it." Freddie confessed.

"Wanna hear a secret?" I asked.

"W-What?" Freddie stuttered.

I kiss his cheek. "I have feelings for you too." He cups my cheek and looks down at me. He leaned down and kissed me gently on the lips.

"I love you, (y/n). So much." He said.

"I love you too, Freddie." I said back.

Freddie shared the sleeping bag with me and it was surprisingly the best sleep I had in a long time.