Chapter 1

(Amira and O'Shea in the media)

Ain't no daddies where I'm from just mad mothers, And eyes that seem they can't look past color, why am I disrespected by someone I should call brother , And why girls feel un pretty and constantly hate each other.
————————————————————
Amira P.O.V
" Come on Mari it's time for school" I woke my 2 year old baby sister up for school. She started to whine. It was about 7:30 am and I had to be to school before 8:15 came.
My name is Amira and my little sisters name is Amari. I'm 16 years old and she's 2 years young. A little background about us, we are from Detroit, Michigan but we now live in Georgia. Our mother is here with us but she's not here with us mentally. She has an addiction to alcohol and cocaine. I love our mom but I hate to see her like this and I don't allow Mari to see her in that state, only when she's normal which is rare. I provide for me and Mari the best way that I can, I work at a little restaurant as the assistant chef so I get paid pretty well. I have my own car, it's a 2019 Honda Civic, I'm also planning on getting a two bedroom apartment for me and Mari.

Tap Tap I was knocked out of my thoughts by Mari " oh yeah , let's get you dressed" I bathed her really quick then dressed her ( pink Minney Mouse Jersey , black leggings and pink Nike shoes) her hair is in two puffs in the top of her head. My outfit consist of ( black and white Mickey Mouse Jersey, black leggings, black and white nike shoes) my hair is in a neat bun on my head.

" are you ready boobear" she nodded her head. We headed out to the car, I picked her up and put her in her car seat and buckled her up. "So what's the song for today" I said looking back at her. She had her thinking face on. "I like it like that, na na na na nana na" she sang in her baby voice and wiggles in her car seat. I just laughed and started up to the car and drove to her daycare. Her daycare is also a school.

Skips car ride

I made it to her daycare and helped her out the car. I grabbed her hand and we walked to the front desk to sign her in. "May I ask who you are"  some new lady was at the desk, most of the staff here know who I am. "I'm Amira, Amari's older sister" I told the lady, another staff I knew came by  "oh honey, I got her we know who you are" she's an older black lady and she's had me before. "Ok, cya at 3:30 boobear" I kissed her cheek. "Muah" she kissed me back. Her and the lady walked off. I walked out of the building and back to my car. I arrived at school at 8:05 which is okay with me because I'm not late.

I walk in and put a few things in my locker . "Ayo shawty" I know ain't nobody talking to me so I keep going on about my business. I must've had a look on my face because the person said "yes, shawty you wearing the Mickey Mouse fit" I turn in the direction the persons voice is coming from and didn't see anyone so I walked in the direction of my first class which is science. On my way these group of girls
gave me dirty looks , I just kept walking with my head held high never looking down, not even once.
When unbothered it makes them even more envious and jealous.

I sat down in my seat which was in the 3rd row in the middle. "Did you all complete the homework I assigned" nobody said anything , we just looked around the room  at each other. "Well then, Amira...did you complete the homework, I mean you are one of the honors students".
This is the only one of my teachers I can't stand. "No Mrs.Borrow, you didn't assign any". I said to her. "Get out since you want to be smart". My mouth fell wide open. "I'm serious , you didn't assign anything-" she cut me off . "Get out!!" I grabbed my stuff and walked out. "Ugghh she always picks on me" I blew out a harsh breath. "Damn ma you ight" some dude said to me, I recognized the voice.

When I recognized the voice, it was the voice I heard earlier this morning. "Yeah...yeah...I'm alright" I say as I rubbed my hands on the side of my pants. I looked up and seen a good looking guy. His jawline was wow. I think I'm in love...sike no, that'll never happen for someone like me.

"Hey my name is O'Shea...I seen you this morning, I'm guessing you didn't see me though" I looked at him crazily. " oh yeah...you must've been the one hollering shawty from across the hall" he chuckled as we began walking, no where in particular...just walking. " yeah...that was me " he admitted scratching the back of his head. "...you hear that?" We stopped walking while reaching another hallway. We heard keys and a talkie going off.

"Aye come on" I nodded as he grabbed my hand running off into an empty class room. I just stared at him, I just wanted to love in him...I know it's early but damn...look at him. " Do you think that they're gone?" we sat there just staring at each other. he lets out a breath of air. " yeah...they should be down the hall somewhere" " oh...okay" I started fixing myself before deciding to walk out the empty class room. " hey..um where were you headed to anyway?" He asked as he grabbed my arm gently. " Well according to my teacher I am headed to detention..haha.." I still can't believe I got kicked out for nothing. " We can go on and get out of school early if you want...it's not like the teachers here care anyway, so what do you say?" I want to leave early because it would be nice but so far an education is all I can get to get out of my messed up situation. " I- yeaah...we can leave for a little while but let's be back before fourth period" "yeah that's cool" 

We exited the classroom and snuck out the back of the school through the gym doors, for some reason those doors never lock, anyone could run up in here if they wanted to. Well for now I guess we will be seeing where me and Mr. O'Shea will be headed.

This is only the first chapter, there will be more to come. I hope for this book to take off the same way another book of mine has. Feel free to check out my other book called " H.E.R. " on my other account @ That_girl_shay_ 

Thanks for reading, be sure to Like , Follow , Comment , and Vote