•1•

Cowboy-kun runs his worn hands down the face of a brusque lad who averts his eyes, embarassed by Cowboy-kun's ikemen beauty. His nails are short, blunt, with bits of dirt under them which he picks free while awaiting the lad's gaze to return. "Howdy pardner," his words are quiet, heavy with the weight of a fantasy-inducing drawl. "Quite a fall you had," Cowboy-kun smiles, head tilting to the side and a few strands of dark chocolate colored hair peek from under his cowboy hat, "First time robbing a moving train?" bowed lips pursed, softly contrasting with his grizzle-covered and angular chin.

"Of course not," Lad-chan scoffs, jerking his face away from Cowboy-kun's touch. "Bet I robbed more moving trains than you, partner." His tone is mocking to cover up the tremors of undeniable attraction, but Cowboy-kun isn't fooled. He laughs, deep and husky, and Lad-chan flushes.

"Of course ya have," Cowboy-kun says in the way an adult would indulge a child's fantasies. "I can tell by that fierce look in yer eyes. Ya seen your fair share of scraps, huh? That's cute." He pats Lad-chan on the head, his big, gloved hands pushing Lad-chan's hat down over his eyes. Lad-chan growls and shakes his head fiercely, knocking Cowboy-kun's hand away.

"Don't treat me like a child!" Lad-chan snaps. "I'm not child, I'm a cowboy like you! I'm a man! Don't baby me!" He may have been more convincing if his voice didn't crack in the middle of his protest.

"Sure, sure," Cowboy-kun says easily. "A man who can't even stand up 'cause his legs turned to jelly. C'mon, pardner, let's get you up." He holds out his hand for Lad-chan to take. With a blush that he'd swear is from anger, Lad-chan takes it, yelping when he's yanked to his feet without warning. His legs refuse to support his weight once he's upright, and it's all he can do to desperately grab onto Cowboy-kun's strong, rock-solid arms before he hits the ground. His face falls right between Cowboy-kun's muscled pectorals, and he can feel the rumbling of his whiskey-warm voice in his chest when he says "whoa now!"

For a moment, Lad-chan stays there, Cowboy-kun's breast expanding and deflating under his cheek as he breathed. Heavy arms drape over his shoulders, drawing him closer, the scent of whiskey and dirt and smoke filling his nose. Cowboy-kun smells like the pastures, like the dusty plains the cattle graze in, like the bar Lad-chan frequented back home before he set out to become a true cowboy. He smells like home.