Chapter 1

Morana's P.O.V.

Others hear terror, I hear laughter.

Others see fear, I see love

Others see insanity, I see my family

Others see a way to escape, I see the final disobedience that will lead the bliss of death.

They fear the darkness, but why? The darkness is your friend. The darkness it there when the light is not. The darkness will cradle you when they leave you broken and bruised. The darkness will love you when the silly little boys and girls mistake their words for hateful ones. Why are they afraid? They hurt the darkness, they make it sad. They need to have a punishment! How dare they be bad? My playland is for happy children swimming in the pretty blood! They love me, why not the darkness? Why do they beg to go away from the darkness? Maybe they need to go to it. Maybe they are just nervous to see, like they were when they first entered my playland. So sad, the children make me cry. It is not good when I cry. When I cry, the children scream.

Where is my firefly? Is she hiding from me? Are we playing hide-and-go-seek? "Firefly? Come out, come out, wherever you are! Dont you want to play?"

Whimpers and cries are heard being the slide. "Where are you, firefly?" I ask with a giggle. I know where she is!

I slam my hands on the slide, my beautiful face popping in front of her. "I found you!" I screamed happily. "And now you get a punishment for losing!" I sing, clapping my hands excitedly. I loved the punishment. The blood is so beautiful.

Screams and sobs echo her lips. "P-please! Im s-s-so so-sorry!" She cries.

"Why are you crying? Are you not having fun?" I ask angrily. I have been nothing but hospitable! How dare she? Father would be so disappointed!

I yank her up by her arm, my sharp nails digging into her fragile skin. A rush of energy flows through me as the scarlet blood drips from her arm and runs down my hand. A laugh echoes. Oh how I loved this game!

My little firefly starts to cry harder. "Please, please dont punish me! I'll do anything!"

A frown etches on my face. "Why do you cry, firefly? Dont you love me? Dont you want to play?" I ask, temper starting to rise.

Her face twists into rage. "I HATE YOU! WE ALL HATE YOU! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FILTHY INHUMAN FREAK! KILL ME ALREADY! I CANT STAND ONE MORE SECOND BEING AROUND THE LIKES OF YOU!" She screams.

White hot burning rage explodes inside me. "Fine then! If my little firefly wants to break the rules, then she will get EXAXTLY what she deserves! Naughty girls dont get to play!" I shriek.

My naughty little firefly! How dare she? She must be confused by the words from the other children! How naughty of them! I will fix it- the darkness will take care of them so my firefly isnt harmed by them anymore. "Dont worry, firefly- Charles and the other children wont confuse you anymore." I say lovingly.

Her smug face contorts to horror. "No! No, please! Im sorry, im so sorry! Dont hurt him, please! He's all I have!" She sobs.

I run a hand through her hair. "Dont worry little firefly, the darkness will take care of him. Hes confusing you. Making you jumble your words with mean ones. I know you didnt mean it, firefly. You love me. You just misspoke because of Charles." I giggle.

Screams and sobs are heard from her. What a ridicuous sound- I am doing her a kindness! I am making her not confused. How annoying this is. "Firefly. You know better than to cry. Stop. NOW." I growl dangerously.

Standing up, I drag my little firefly to the punishment room. "Now to make my little firefly nice again..."