The Beginning

Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

The nursery rhyme continued to blare through the hall of the tiny police station. Only five people were on duty when the call went out about a small child being found at the Hictory Jones home - the old mansion that no one was allowed to be at. In Centuree, you could get arrested for being on that property, mainly due to the fact so many people went missing when they tried to take the 1/2 mile trail that leads to the home- making the trail known to the locals as the Missing Bodies Trail. 

Jackson Gray, Piper Lynn, and Nova Smith were all sitting in the small meeting room that sat in the police station. All three were found at the end of Missing Bodies Trail along with a small newborn baby wrapped in only a towel. The three teenagers said they found the baby on the porch of the home but no one spoke after that. It had been five hours since these distraught teens were picked up and no one was saying anything about what happened. 

Officer Buxes sits at the end of the hallway listening to the newborn softly snore. No one wants to get too close - what if she's a decedent of Mr. Jones? When the ambulance came  to pick up the small newborn a few hours before, the medic who carried her into the back of the ambulance started convulsing into a seizure the second after he sat her on the gurney. Then, Officer Brantley fell over and died after placing her in the small portable crib they kept at the station. After two unexplained occurrences Officer Buxes pushed the crib as far from the public as he could - hoping that what ever was going on would stop. He got the record player out to play some nursery rhymes to help soothe the supposed demonic child. 

In a town as small as Centuree, the local government isn't very big. The jail only holds 15 people and most of the time only 6 reside there. There's only four restaurants and one giant building that educates students of all ages. Everyone is willing to help out as much as they can - many taking in orphans and other children the police find, so no one has to be shipped somewhere else. No one has stepped forward to claim the baby in case she shares the blood of Hictory Jones- the man who killed at least 36 people- 15 of which were small children. The worst part was no one knew about it until the police came to talk to him about his son's horrific car accident. Officer Buxes was the one to find Mr. Jones in the barn with many of the victims. Officer Buxes was ready to ship this small baby as far as he could from this town in order to keep his citizens safe. 

No amount of distance will keep this child away.