So it begins

"Hello? Is anyone there"

Her voice rang out in the darkness

"Oh dear," someone said. They sounded male.

"Are we lost, love?"

"Who's there?" She called into the darkness.

"Only us." The voice replied. "Why? Are you afraid?"

The girl shivered, she couldn't see anything, not even the fingers in front of her own eyes. It was too dark.

Where were all the lights, where is HE?

"I'm not scared of you, if that's what your asking." She said.

"Then why are you shaking?" She could feel breath on the back of her neck. Where is he?

"I just think it's too dark..." Her voice trailed off.

"Some light then?"

He clapped his hands twice, and at least a million candles flickered to life illuminating the chamber with their dim pulsating glow.

Although the lighting wasn't the best, the girl could see the room. It looked like an abandoned throne room, but well kept. The red carpet, running from the ornately carved double doors to the marble steps, was faded after many years of use.

There were great pillars of stone that stood tall touching the arched ceiling, and granite floors.

The ceiling,painted with pictures depicting Gods and angels. A candle lit chandelier was bedecked in jewels of every colour, dangling ever so slightly.

The girl could do nothing but stare. She was captivated by the decoration, and the small details. How could she not stare.

"Do you like it?" The male asked.

The girl turned around to see a boy, no older than nineteen lounging on the throne. She had looked there before, but the platform had been empty.

Now, it was occupied by a grand throne engraved and painted meticulously. Ivory arm rests, and emerald green velvet cushions, the throne was fit for a king.

The male seated on the throne was well dressed, his dark hair styled neatly. He had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"It's amazing," She breathed. "I'm impressed."

"You should be." The boy said.

The girl couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from his.

His golden eyes seemed to be able to see right through her.

She attempted to look way, but her eyes were glued to his. She was so entranced she didn't notice herself advancing towards the boy.

"You can call me Alistair." He said finally. "And who might you be, love?"

"I'm Elisa." She replied.

Her orange bangs fell in front of her eyes. He was staring at her so intently.

Elisa could tell he was studying her.

"Well the Elisa," He paused. "How about we play a game."