Prologue

It was a day like any other, the day that I saw the event on Facebook.

I was lay in bed, wallowing in my self-pity and self-hatred (a common affliction those of my generation suffered with) sharing memes about my mental health issues, the fact no one loves me and drugs (though the only drug I've ever done is tylenol).

My covers up to my chin, my phone blocking out the early afternoon sun from my face because I couldn't be fucked to go and close the curtains - this was my own personal piece of normality.
Every weekend I would lie here, look at memes, push air through my nose in amusement at those few good memes I hadn't yet seen (and those I had but were at the pinnacle of meme culture).
This was it for me.

My mom would ask why I didn't go outside, but why would I want to go out into a world that still used single-use plastic and didn't make Mrs Inredible bisexual? With that being said, I still get mad when certain characters are made gay and drink out of plastic straws, so who was I to have anger on these issues?

Hypocritical? Maybe.
Did I care? Absolutely not.

I'd probably put something on twitter about how me being a hypocrite was because I'm a Gemini and I'm just exerting both sides of my very complex personality.
Then take a sad selfie and put it on Instagram with some TØP lyrics as a caption.

Everytime, my free time was spent like this. Always there was a little voice in the back of my mind:

'You could be doing more. Your friends are earning bare dollar. Some are trying to actually change the world without the same hypocrisy you have. You could be more than this.'

Oddly enough, that voice sounded like my mom. Probably just a replay of something she had complained to me about.

But maybe... could it be... the voice might have a point?

Could I be doing more?

More than sharing memes?

More than wondering why Kayleigh left me on read?

But what? What could I do? What purpose was there left to find on this slowly dying world?

Then it came to me.

In the form of an event shared by my bestfriend Kyle.

'Storm Area 51, they can't stop us all'

A new meme? Curiosity struck me, my finger moving to the screen to tap the link.
As soon as my finger tip made contact, my screen was filled with the event's page - the numbers for those interested, those going and the aspirations.

'We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Centre tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Lets see them
aliens.'

I finished reading the details and I blinked in confusion; where had his come from?
Who started it?

This was the most unexpected meme yet, but it was producing some excellent memes from what I could see.

I wanted to be in on the joke.

I puffed out some amused air through my nose, tapping the 'going' button  watching it turn blue.

Yes, lets see them aliens.