Chapter 1: Realisation

It was a peaceful September morning in London. It was a few hours before daybreak and the Hiddlestons were still comfortably tucked in their warm beds. Tom was in a deep sleep with his arms around his sleeping wife protectively. Tom had gotten married to his wife, Clara, a decade ago about a year or two after they first met in the theater. Clara shared the same passion, drive and mindset with Tom. They are both Shakespeare geeks, incredibly English, came from prestigious schools (Tom from Eton then Cambridge, Clara from Wycombe Abbey then Cambridge) and most of all undeniably good looking.

The way they met isn't mind boggling at all. They were both casted in the same production in the West End. They were both quite new to the professional theater world at the time, so the producers decided they would be the perfect lovers in the production as they could explore and help each other out. Little did they know they would be in that 'production' for as long as they live.

There was one particular scene that just unleashed all their emotions towards each other during the production. In that scene, Clara's character was doubting Tom's character's towards her. They had a big argument and right after the heart breaking banter, Tom's character pulls Clara's in a powerful embrace and pressed his lips against hers. At that moment of contact, it was as if fireworks exploded and electricity surged through both their bodies. And that was when they knew, that sensation of electricity surging every time they were together was never to be insulated. The connection they felt over a decade ago is still present today. Even after welcoming two additions to the Hiddleston household, nothing is holding them back.

CLARA'S P.O.V

I stirred from my deep sleep to the ringing of my alarm clock on my nightstand. I was wrapped in Tom's arms, my back facing him. I groaned and peeked at the alarm clock. 5.30 AM. I threw my arm lazily to my nightstand in attempt to shut the annoying alarm clock off. My lousy attempt resulted in the alarm clock being thrown to the floor with a loud crash. I winced at the sound but was thankful that the annoying ringing had stopped. Tom, being the heavy sleeper he is, did not even react to the loud crash.

I escaped Tom's embrace to switch the lamp on my nightstand on, taking some time to adjust to the brightness. Tom groaned and rolled over so that he could shield himself from the light. "Wakey wakey Tom", I giggled. He mumbled in response, voice thick with sleep "I'm still tired. And its too early". "Yeah well you're not the only one who is tired. I wouldn't have to wake up this early either if it wasn't for you", I said while stretching and yawning at the end.

Today was the day. Tom has to leave for Los Angeles for shooting for almost 3 months. He would only be back about a week before Christmas. He rolled over to face me, wincing at the sudden brightness hitting his eyes. The expression on his face almost sliced my heart in two. His eyebrows were furrowed and sadness filled his eyes. "Darling, you know how much I wish that I could do the job without leaving your side". I sighed and said "Tom, don't think too much darling. I'm going to be alright. Plus this isn't the first time. And we have talked about the fact that our family shouldn't stop you from doing what you love". "I guess you are right", he said while starting to sit up and rub the sleep out of his eyes.

He looked at me and pulled me onto his lap. He stared right into my eyes and said "I love you, Clara. Promise me you will take care of yourself and the kids". "Awww Tom are you doubting me?" I said playfully and a smirked formed on his face. He pecked my lips and said " Now that you mention it, maybe a little" he said playfully with a chuckle. I used my acting skills and made the most horrific and surprised expression on my face "Thomas how could you after all these years". "I am definitely going to miss this the most". He kissed me passionately on the lips as if it was the last time he got to do so.

"Tom. Its alright. I'm still here for you. Forever and always". He pulled me into a hug. "And I am going to miss this. The Hiddles Hug", I said making him chuckle. We sat there together for a while, absorbing and accepting the fact that we would not be able to do this for a while. I glanced at the clock on the wall. 5.45 AM. "Tom you need to get ready. You have a flight to catch". He kissed my forehead before I moved over to let him get ready. He got out of bed, stretched, and made his way to the bathroom. "Tom?" "Hmm?" "I love you" "I love you too"

===========================

So what do you guys think? :)