1

"The time has come" Celeste says

I take a deep breath.

This is what everyone has been waiting for ever since the apocalypse reshaped the world. A world where now the Supremes choose your role in society, your service to the nation.

"Hey, it will be alright. Okay?" She reassures me.

I smile and nod.

I walk through the door to the Supreme's office.

No one was allowed to see the Supreme except for the occasion of 'Allotment'.

Everything was made of mahogany inside. A little intimidating for someone like me who has never confronted or experienced such luxury, to be honest. 

"And you must be Adele, hmm?" She says looking through her spectacles.

"Yes, yes I am" I give her a polite smile. She oddly makes me nervous.

"You do realize why you're here, don't you?" She asks

"Yes, yes I d---" She cuts me off.

"Good"

I look beside her to see a young man, not more than my age. He had sharp features than most of the men I know, handsome would be an understatement. the 'All black' attire proved that he was in defence. 

I always dreamt of being in defence, to fight for the nation, hence that is what I put in the application. The catch is, very few get in.

"Defence it is" She says as she puts the stamp for attested.

I nearly choke "Wait, wha--that's it?" I say in utter surprise

"Why, would you love to go through a cumbersome procedure, Ms. Williams?"

"Uh..No. No ma'am not at all" God, stop slurring.

"Thought so" 

"Thank you, thank you so much"

The Supreme looks at the man standing next to him and they exchange a glance, a very awkward glance as if they know something I don't.

"Now if we're done.." She points to the door

I smile and walk out the door.

Crap. I forgot to ask her about when do I start. Damn it.

I turn around to bump into someone, I look up to meet the most tantalising eyes I've ever seen, they were jade green and did I mention, beautiful?

"It's rude to stare" His voice was thick and raspy

"Uh, I'm sorry." I gather myself up.

Holy shit. It was the man inside, now I have successfully made a fool out of myself in front of a person who is clearly important because he has a direct connection with the supreme. WAY TO GO ADELE!

"Uh, I just wanted to ask the supreme about when to start"

He chuckles.

"You sure are a wimp" He says

I give him a quizzical look, I don't even know him and already he is insulting me.

"I'm sorry?" I say

"You heard me, you stutter, you clearly lack confidence and you don't really look like you are cut off for guns and weapons, are you sure that defence is the right place for you?" 

I feel my blood boiling slowly.

"Okay, I don't know who you are but for all I know, nothing gives you the right to talk to me that way, now if you'll excuse me" I fake smile and knock on the door again.

I watch him leave. I have never met a man so pompous. Then again, how many men have I met anyway? I just need to focus on one thing and that is my goal.

I walk through the door.

"Oh it's you again"

Yeah, it's me. God, I want the Earth to swallow me right now.

"Yeah, I am so sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to know that when can I start?" I finally ask

She chuckles.

Okay, WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE CHUCKLING AT THAT QUESTION.

"Right away, summon at the ground, you'll know what to do"

I nod and thank her and close the door behind me.

Take a deep breath. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I am trying a fanfiction for the first time :P

So this is the first chapter. 

Many more new things to come. ;*

My exams are on so I will try and post more often.

Let me know how you guys like it :3

Feel free to leave comments and give me suggestions on what else you want.

Love,

N. xoxo