i.

❝the child is grown.
the dream is gone. and i
have become completely numb.❞

-

Rain poured heavily onto the city streets. Evan tightly clutched his hoodie over his head and sighed as he finally managed to make it to his destination. He slide inside and shook his hair as if he were a wet dog.

"Hey, Lui." Evan smiled as the hacker gave him a disbelieving look. "Did you seriously have to do that, Evan? You're not a dog." The Canadian male laughed and replied with, "Eh, don't matter, we both pay rent here. Hey by the way, did you make any  progess with getting into-"

"Not much farther than earlier, their system is heavily protected."

"Well we excepted that." Evan said as he took his wet clothes off. "Evan, my pure eyes!" Lui's squeaker voice spoke causing them both to burst into laughter afterwards. "I'll go get changed in the bathroom before Nogla shows up and passes out." Lui nodded and preceded to get back to doing his thing.

As Evan went into the bathroom, he finally let loose a hiss of pain. His friends would kill him if they found out he went out and did a quick job. The tan male peeled off his sticky and wet shirt off. He glanced at the knife wound on his side and sighed, it didn't look bad but it sure as hell felt that way.

He knew that he had to do this quickly otherwise Lui would be ssuspicious. Grabbing the clothes and medical supplies from underneath the counter, he very sloppily cleaned the wound and patched it up. Since it was chilly, Evan knew that he would be able to get away with wearing longer clothes. He winced as he stretched.

"Evan! Nogla and Brian are here!"

"No need to yell!"

"Get yer ass out here!"

The asian man rolled his eyes and came out of the bathroom. Brian gave him a half hearted wave and Nogla basically glimpsed him, which made him have to hold back a hiss. "So we gonna do a quick debrief then head out to Panda's bar?" Evan nodded.

As they went over their last mission, Evan sat back since he hadn't been allowed to go on the gang's missions in awhile. Though he was hoping he'd be able to go on some soon, he probably would if they didnt catch wind of him doing side jobs.

"Evan, you ready to go? We all will decide tonight if you're ready to go on missions again." Brain said and nodded towards the door. "Oh uh yeah ok." Evan quickly stood up, ignoring the harsh stinging in his side as he did so.

Hopefully his bandage wouldn't give out on him and make him or his clothes bloody. Although his wound was pulsing and hurting him, it didn't stop the tingle of excitement from the thought of maybe being able to go on missions.

"Lets go."

_______

a/n : srry if my writing is bad !! im rusty n vvv lasy :-;