Prologue

While Shouted Love is is a standalone, you are introduced to Hayley and Max in Love, Always which is available in Amazon, B&N and Kobo

Prologue

Max

Know what the problem is with troubled pasts? It’s only important to the troubled person, unless you’re unfortunate enough to find someone who wants to help you carry the burden.

People say that when you find that kind of love, you should hold onto it. But I call bull shit. If you love someone, you don’t burden her with your past. No, you spare her from it, and break her heart in the process.

From a distance, you watch her take that first step away from you and don’t utter a word when your heart shatters. When her wings quit fluttering uncertainly in the air, and she finds her confidence in her newfound freedom, you force happiness into your heart because her happiness is all that truly matters. It’s all that ever mattered in your meaningless life.

You suppress the need to shout, to stomp your feet in the ground. Instead, you whisper your declaration of love, and watch her fly away.

 And you pray. You pray for sanity and peace. You pray you never run into her and see her with her arms wrapped around another man’s waist. Those delicate fingers held firmly in another’s man’s hands. Those lips caressing another man’s mouth. Her laughter that once belonged to you, will eventually sing for another man. And that will be the final blow, because there is no going back.

You’ll love her, and only her, but will go to the grave knowing your one noble act killed your soul.