What Is A Green Lantern

A Green Lantern Ring, also known as a Power Ring, is a piece of jewelry that grants the wearer incredible and incomprehensible powers and abilities by harnessing willpower. They are considered by some to be the most powerful weapons in the known universe. 

Depending on the skill and willpower of the wearer, it can do almost anything. The first Green Lantern Ring on Earth in modern times was crafted and worn by and powered by the mystical.

 His proved to be the exception, the by-product of the efforts of the to contain the magic of the universe. The Guardians also created the more widespread version, powered by individual through a connection to the on. 

With the exception of the ring worn by Alan Scott, the current rings are based on the one given to when he was the only Green Lantern in existence.

In the days of the original Green Lantern Corps, the Guardian known as created a power ring specifically for the Guardians. An Oan power ring possessed the same capabilities as a standard ring, but was fueled by the internal power of its wielder and thus did not need to be recharged. 

Unlike the traditional Green Lantern Ring, an Oan ring did not contain the impurity that restricted its capabilities against materials colored yellow. The revelation that such a weapon existed caused a great schism within the ranks of the Green Lantern Corps.

 Officers who had lost close comrades due to adversaries empowered by yellow weaponry lost faith in the Guardians, some of whom, such as , and even went so far as to turn their backs on the Guardians, coveting the rings for themselves. Another group of individuals who took an interest in the Oan rings were the space pirates known as the .

 Another group of individuals who took an interest in the Oan rings were the space pirates known as the