The Farewells

"Bridgette! Where are you going?" Marinette asked, the girl of age seven asked, directed towards her cousin as she was struggling out the door with her bags packed and a worried, but excited look on her face.

"Mari-bug! I can't tell you, but I promise I'll be back by the time school ends, deal?" Although unsatisfied, Marinette nodded before rushing to Bridgette's aid to help with her bags.

At the Agreste's Mansion:

"Tell me!"

"Adrien, stop," Annoyed with his younger brother, Felix responded with a blank face and stern tone.

"I want to go! You never tell me anything!" Adrien was tired of his brother being so secretive after his fourteenth birthday when he received a letter in the mail.

"Perhaps if you behaved and did as Father asked, I might be able to tell you." With that, the blond boy left in the car with his mother, leaving Adrien with the feeling of disappointment and abandonment.

"Mr. Agreste," Gabriel's secretary continued as if nothing had occurred. "Your father wanted me to remind you of your fencing at two today, then your piano lessons at four, and your photo shoot at half past five." Adrien's shoulders slumped forward.

He was alone, forced to do as his father wished with nobody to comfort. Nobody to sneak out with.

Nobody.