Freaking Out

A/N: So here we are! If you've read the synop then I'm sure you know it's going to a teeny-weeny, eazy-breezy journey. It's gonna be fun ( atleast I hope for you guys; for me it always is). Anyway, so without delay, let's begin.

"Niti, Niti, Niti, Niti" she said in a loud, high pitched voice, screaming, failing to sound even mildly coherent as she stumbled on her words. "Wake up" she said climbing on top of her and yanking her up from her sleeping position and jerking her with a ferocity of a spanish bull rider.

"Seriously what's up? And keep your voice down mom and dad aren't up yet" Niti said pushing the curls out of her face to look at her best friend. Kirti had a key to get apartment, meaning she could get in when she pleased.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. I'm just freaking out you know... I'm so d-e-a-d" she said exaggerating the feeling in the last word.

"Kirti can you talk like a normal person for once, without your millennial lingo bullshit. You're not on twitter" Niti said moodily but Kirti didn't mind. She cracked a smile knowing she could be cranky when woken up early in the morning. "And tell me what's got you freaking out?" She asked out loud.

"Manik Malhotra" she said sucking in a deep breath, trying to steady herself, ignoring Niti's eye roll. "You know the rockstar guy, whom I absolutely adore and think that he fell from heaven-" Kirti was rambling when Niti sat up and caught her hands.

"Yeah, yeah I got it" she said scared that she won't stop once she starts and maybe a little  amused by her innocence. "What about him?" She asked with a little interest.

"He's coming to town... to our city! Can you believe it?! I mean, hell I have waiting for this day since I first saw him singing. That's three years back on that crass reality show" she said with a bitter tone but reverted back to her excitement in less than ten seconds. "He's performing next week" she said throwing her hands up in the air, unable to contain her happiness.

Kirti was a typical fangirl and though it sometimes annoyed Niti she couldn't deny it was adorable. She couldn't relate though- that was another thing. She could never understand what was there to be absolutely head over heels for someone you hardly knew. She shook her thoughts away.

She didn't want to ruin her mood with her stupid questions. Although this madness had been going on for a few years and sometimes she really wished she could make it stop but right now was not one of them. It irked her sometimes but the glint in Kirti's eyes, that could shine like a spotlight in a dark room, was too precious be lost. So yes, she was happy for her friend, sure, but she couldn't, COULDN'T, be happy at the situation especially once her eyes fell on the clock kept on her bedside table. It had just struck seven.

"Kirti" she pushed her lightly off herself and made a face that clearly indicated what was coming. "What on earth do you think you're doing, coming at this ungodly hour to talk about this?"

"Ungodly?! Look who'se being dramatic now" she replied chuckling.

"Im not being dramatic. You wake me up early in the morning for something that could have waited, clearly" she said annoyed. She had always been grumpy about going to bed and getting up early. "No wait, it's just struck seven so you must have gotten up at what? Six! That's crazy. And you walked all the way, from your house to mine because you wanted to talk about a concert or whatever."

"Not whatever, it means a lot to me! Don't be a jerk Niti just cause you're sleepy" she said at first a bit hurt but she recovered from that feeling pretty quickly. "I know, later you're gonna say you didn't mean it and you're gonna apologise, so I'm just saving us the time and forgiving you" she said with a air of mock generosity.

"Oh my God how kind of you" Niti replied in a lousy voice and they both burst out laughing. "Okay so, what's so great about him? I mean you've had celebrity crushes and you've been pretty crazy about them... but this one seems like a different story. It's been there for years and you haven't found another piglet to replace him?!" Niti asked, her voice even and curious but she couldn't help but rile up Kirti a bit.

"Stop calling them piglets" she said wincing even as she uttered it. Kirti hated pigs. Who didn't?

"Them, who?" Niti asked innocently.

"Whoever I like. I mean celebrities" she said half defensively.

"I can't promise that" she said hitting her in the ribs. "You didn't tell, what is it about him?"

"He's charming" she said dreamily.

"He's cocky" Niti contradicted.

"He's self made" Kirti countered.

"He's self absorbed" she said with distaste.

"He's talented."

"Oh please! The bloke's surviving on his good looks."

"So you admit he's good looking?" Kirti asked with a mischievous edge to her voice and when Niti responded as much as with a shrug, a smug smile turned at her lips like it was a victory.

"He has a capacity to draw people in. That's a given" Kirti said again when she didn't dspeak up.

"I'd never-"

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourself Ni. I've seen you secretly poring over his articles before. It's okay I'll let you live it down" she said with a smile patting her shoulders.

If Niti was being honest with herself she disliked that guy through and through. He gloated about himself, reveled in hollow compliments and was too cocky for taste. Kirti had called him self assured but she knew better. There was a thin line separating them and he certainly belinged to the former.

"About what you said earlier, Yeah we listen to his face not his voice, of course" she mocked.

"If you like him because if his music then let me tell you it's no better than average. It's basic stuff" she replied lifting an eyebrow.

"If this is your way of indirectly telling me I have an awful taste in music, then I have to tell you, you have an awful taste in art. With that bogus painting of horses in your bedroom."

"I've been told" she smiled.

"So reason I came here... You have to come with me to this concert" she said with a finality however to someone who knew her well the waves in the voice could be detected.

"We'll see."

There could be mistakes but I'd advise you to carry on regardless 😏.