The Appointed Knight

I was born in a family of knights, without a choice I was thrown in a world of hatred and violence, status and wealth, honor or death, so when you are born into a world do you even have a choice to what do you want to do, and where you want to go, and how do you want to live...do you get a choice? Because I didnt.

   I learned to fight with any type of wepon before I properly learned how to speak, the sword was carved into my right hand and whenever I would close my fist it would feel empty as if it needed to be there when i was not holding it, my left hand became a multi tool to defend and attack whenever the chanse came, and so before I could be labeled as a child I was labeled as a wepon, as a tool used for whatever purpose it was ordered to accomplish.

   My father head of the royal guard was a strong man distant, yet never cold he would always look out for me in his own way, but to do so he had to turn me into a sword, and so I became one the sharpest blade he had ever honed. My mother my father's right hand not only as his wife but as his duet in all the encounters he had faced was a master with the lance and the bow, range was her specialty a woman to be part of the royal guard was thought to be absurd, but not with her, they knew the power she bestowed, she was warm and kind, but strick like no other, she thought me how to become a better worror, tactics, defense, and range. If my father had mad me a sword, my mother had made me a bow and a shield always calm always steady, and so I became the next one in the line to take the spot of the head in the royal guard by surpassing the most of experienced knights at my youngest age, and becoming even more experienced as time passed.

   At the age of 10 I was capable of going head to head with my fathers best knights, and before he knew it I had surprised them, so he dicided to appoint me to the kings daughter, how has just turned 8. A small knight for a small princess, her name is Isabella Tenebris Requiem, daughter of the 3rd King of Astala, Bartolomé Tenebris Requiem the 2nd.

   My father was a close friend of the king after he was appointed head of the royal guard, he would rarely leave th kings side, except when he was in the throne, and that would be the time when he would train me and his knights.

    his daughter was born at the cost of his wife the queen of Astala, yet he did not shed a single tear that wasn't of joy, he mourned his wife, but he never regretted the birth of his love and pride princess Isabella.

   Today is the first day I will meet her and after today as mu father said, I will protect her with my life and never leave her side.

   We always rise before the sun, and so we did today *knock* *knock*

"I'm awake" I say to my father who is always the one to knock on my door to make sure I am awaken

"Be sure to get ready, your mother has prepared something for you today" he said

   He did not specify to what she had prepared, so I was left alone to wonder as I got into my usual clothes. As I finish getting ready I look at my sword for a second and the decide to put it on my waist,  and as i went out the door i took the small shield that was fitted to my size, and carry it with me to the kitchen where mother was.

   She looked at me with a small grin of pride and noded

"That in the table is for you... maybe you cant wear a full knight armor like your father, but this leather gear with some pieces of metal armor will help you until your fully grown"

   I look at the gear that was specifically made for me and it made me kinda happy since it was the first gift my mother gave me.

"Go on, put it on I'm sure it will be a perfect fit, your gonna need that if your going to protect our little princess"

  The gear consisted of hand and forearm protection with a thick layer of leather on what would be the top of my hand all and on top of the forearm  starting before the wrist and ending before the elbow to not get in the way of any of my movements, it went up into a small plate of light iron that would cover my shoulder, and after that a leather jacket that would cover my chest as a priority, and under all that a light chainmail to put it all together. I felt grateful.

"Fits nicely" she said "now go your father is waiting for you outside of the house ... make sure you take care of yourself, I'm sure we will still see each other around the castle my son"

   I noticed a hint of sadness on my mother's words as I noded and headed to the door, to become the queens guard I would have to be with here from sun rise to sun down always with her, never leaving her side, so I would not see my family anymore as much as I did until now, even if it was little their presence was always recurring.

   I take my first step out the door and I see my father, that ones he notices me turns the other way and starts to head towards the castle, we walk in silence until were half way there.

"Without doubt I know you will do a fine job" he said

   I was surprised, today  for the first time my mother gave my a gift and for the first time my father praised me and with all honesty the world could fall into flames and I could die today, and I wouldn't be unhappy.