Adam-12 and Emergency! Crossover: One Of Those Nights

Disclaimer: I don't own of the characters in this story. This is only meant for a fanfiction for the fans. I only own the plot the characters are being put into.

@@@@@

"1-Adam-12, 1Adam-12, a 211 silent at 5025 Lankershim Blvd. Code 2," the dispatcher announced over the radio.

Officer Reed responded, "1-Adam-12 roger." He told his partner Officer Malloy, "Looks like it's going to be one of those nights."

"You can never tell," said Senior Officer Pete Malloy.

As they arrived at the scene, the robber backed out of the bank. By the time Reed and Malloy had hunched behind the car door with their guns drawn, the robber started firing at them.

Officer Jim Reed watched in horror as Pete dropped to the ground holding his chest.

Many questions raced through Reed's mind as he cried, "Pete!" His voice was drowned out by the gun shots.

Another "black and white" arrived at the scene and cornered the robber. Officer Reed informed the dispatcher on the radio, "1-Adam-12 to Control 1, Officer needs help. Shots fired at the corner of Lankershim Blvd. and Valleyheart Dr." The dispatcher replied, "1-Adam-12, Roger,"

Reed's voice shook as he read the suspect's rights. "At least that helped pass those tense moments," Officer Reed thought.

Finally, with a siren and red flashing lights, the ambulance arrived. Before the ambulance attendants loaded Pete into the ambulance, he requested, "When you come to visit me, don't bring me any flowers." He tried to calm Reed down. He wanted his partner to realize that he was fine.

The next thing Pete knew was paramedics, John Gage and Roy Desoto, were rushing him in the hospital room. Pete had know Johnny and Roy for years. Johnny had argued with him about whose job was more dangerous. He had always been the competitive type.

Pete could see the worry in both their eyes. He felt the urge to say something, but didn't know what.

Suddenly, everything went black.

@@@@@

At the station, Officer Reed was filing out the many sheets of reports. Thoughts flooded his mind. In his mind he watched the whole situation unravel. He wondered how his partner was doing now.

A voice broke into his thoughts. It was one of his fellow officers. He said," Reed. It's for you," holding out the phone. "Hello." Reed answered. "Thank goodness! You're not hurt. You had me worried. The news reported what happened. I immediately thought of you-" Jean Reed rambled on.

"Honey," Jim interrupted," listen."

She heard the urgency in his voice so she sighed and said, "Alright. I'm listening."

Jim continued," It's Pete. He's in the hospital now. I don't know what's wrong with him. He just... collapsed."

Jean apologized," I am sorry. I was so worried about you, but Pete never entered my mind."

"I know." There was a short pause before he spoke again. "After work, I'll stop at the hospital to see Pete," he said.

@@@@@

Malloy's eyes flickered open. His eyes were blurry, but soon clean up.

Pete's stomach rumbled from hunger as he noticed a tray of food on the table next to his bed. He rolled the table over to himself. There was a bowl of dark green soup. It didn't look very appetizing, but he tasted it anyway. It was so thin, watery. Malloy scrunched up his face in disgust. Suddenly, he wasn't so hungry anymore. He knew hospital food was bad, but this was the worst he ever had.

Suddenly, a old, white-haired nurse appeared. "You're awake. Oh, I see you've tried my soup do you like it?"

"It's very... um..." Pete tried to think of something tactful to say quickly. "different. I don't exactly know how to describe this... um... fine piece of art." he finished.

"Well, I'm glad. Most patients don't enjoy it like you do. Alright. I better get back to work. Do you want another bowl?" she asked with a smile.

"Oh. No, this is fine." Pete replied.

"Oh, okay," she said. Then, she trotted out of the room cheerfully.

@@@@@

Jim was off duty driving to Rampart General Hospital.

He couldn't help, but think about what he had told Pete at the beginning at the beginning of the shift. One of those nights. It echoed in his mind over and over again.

Reed pulled his car into the hospital.

@@@@@

Officer Malloy couldn't believe his ears. He exclaimed, "It can't be! I'm too young!"

Dr. Brakett had just told him that he had had a mild heart attack.

Dr. Brakett said," I would suggest that you would have a bypass surgery."

"You're the doctor." Pete sighed. Inside, he was totally against it, but he knew it had to be done.

It wasn't even a few minutes after Dr. Brakett left the room, Jim walked in.

"How are you feeling?" Officer Reed asked with worry written all over his face. Pete noticed Jim seemed to be in much pressure.

"I'm fine."

"Hey, what happened back at the bank?"

"Oh, it's nothing serious. I just had mild heart attack. It's nothing to worry about. Really."

"You sure?"

"Like I told you, I'm fine."

Pete's calm, comforting words seemed to help ease the tensions a little.

Just then, paramedics John Gage and Roy Desoto peeked in. Johnny smiled and said, "May we come in?"

"Sure! Come in." Pete welcomed by motioning them to walk in.

Suddenly, it hit him. All of them didn't have to be there. They could all be somewhere else doing what they wanted to do. The three of them talked until visiting hours was over.

That night before he drifted off to sleep, he thought about his night. Officer Pete Malloy's heart warmed with joy. Friends were there through the good times and the bad times. They laugh when you laugh and cry when you cry. They give you a shoulder to cry on, a hand to help, or just an ear to listen. That's what true and loyal friends do, because that's what there for.