Galen Stone from Marion worked to counsel individuals as well as families

Whether you are an individual or a family counselor, it is important to connect with the clients. After all, connecting with the clients will form a trusting relationship with them. Have a look at the tips that will help you to understand the value of the relationship with your client, thus moving you towards an effective counseling –

Ensure that you focus on client

Each and every session of counseling should be about the thoughts, feelings and actions of the clients. You need to have your spotlight on the client. Just have the listening ears and be careful about the words they say. You need to stay focused and provide your clients with the information they deserve.

Ensure confidentiality

You need to keep the information about your clients and the sessions to yourself. When you gain the trust of your clients, it will be much easier for you to manage even the resistant ones. You can explain them about what confidentiality means.

Work to understand the client

It will take your hard work and dedication to understand the client. You need to listen to him carefully to know exactly where the problem lies. It is your responsibility to assess the situation carefully and correctly. Otherwise you can make the things complicated for the clients.
Use protocols with clear guidelines

The counselors can make use of the protocols with clear guidelines for what will come first and so on. Thus, they need to be careful in creating a beginning to settle into the deep conversation.
Providing individual and family counseling to the clients from 2008 to 2009, Marion based Galen Stone served at New Life Counseling, Inc. He provided counseling to the individuals with relationship concerns including stress, anger, self-esteem, grief and loneliness. He also helped the couples experiencing the conflicts or work and home balance.

Recently, Galen Stone from Marion served an elderly man at Massachusetts on a private contract. The patient had Alzheimer's disease. He ensured that his patients are offered normal surroundings. He had a keen eye on their meals, medication and social activities too, apart from the daily exercises. He often preferred to cook clean and healthy food for his personal contracts making sure they were fed well and as per his supervision.