~Chapter 1~

~Flashback from high school~

Mina's POV

It was the First Day of School of senior year of high school. I was driving Jazzy, Eliot, and me to school. We were so nervous about the classes and what would the new year bring us.

"Hey Mina, can you turn up the music? I love this song!," Eliot says.

I nod and turn up the radio a little bit.

"Rock you like a Hurricane", Eliot starts belting.

Jazzy and I just laugh at her but we end up joining.

"Here I am

Rock you like a Hurricane

My body is burning, it starts to shout

Desire is coming, it breaks out loud"

After the song is over, we all laugh how obnoxious and loud we are that we already arrived at school. We get out of my car and we see Harrington and Nancy next to us in his car.

"Harrington!", Jazzy yells.

Steve looks up and gets out of his car with Nancy exchanging "Hello" with all of us and how we are.

Before we can answer a loud engine is heard coming into the school parking lot. We all just stare at the blue 1979 camaro.

"I wonder who that is," Eliot asks.

"Yeah, me too!," I exclaim.

"Maybe it's Mina's new boyfriend!", Jazzy nudges at me.

I just roll my eyes.

The passenger side of the car opens and its a girl with red hair with a skateboard around middle school age. Then the driver's door opens and I only see a mullet with a jean jacket. I raise my eyebrows as he turns to look at our direction with a cigarette in his hand. I look away so he doesn't catch my blush. I look back up and he smirks bringing the cigarette to his mouth and closes his door. He sways as he starts walking up to the school.

"Who is that"

"Would you check out the ass? Just look at it go"

"Hey Mina! Earth to Mina!" Harrington calls out to me.

I look up at him.

"Hmm"

"You were zoned out, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry, I was thinking"

"She was thinking about the new guy," Jazzy says looking at me.

I nod my head no.

"He is definitely not my type."

"Oh,yeah forgot Mina is into the bad boys," Steve says smirking.

"Shut it, Harrington. Let's go in the school now"

"oH my Mina looks like none of us have first period with you but we have the rest of the classes." Jazzy says.

I nod with a sad expression.

"It's okay. Well I gotta go, I'll see all of you guys later"

I hug Jazzy and Eliot and head to my first period which is English.

I walk into the classroom and see that their are quite a few seats empty so I choose the seat that is in the middle.

After a few moments seats begin to be occupied by other students. A male teacher walks in with binder.